We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how long was your drive from seville to granada?

quebec
Level Contributor
286 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
how long was your drive from seville to granada?

We will be leaving seville (santa justa train station area) at 7:00 a.m. on a wednesday morning december 31st. a) How long would it take us. I have read the board many times and the times vary from 2.5 hours to 3.5 hours. For us 2.5 hours would be fine, but at 3.5 hours, we would reconsider for a daytrip. b) Which parking is the easiest and closest coming from seville. We do not want anything near the center and would be totally o.k. hopping on a bus to get to the alhmabra. Taxi would be fine as well, but we are 5 in the famiily and I think we would need 2 taxis. c) Am I right or do taxis accomodate 5 people?

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how long was your drive from seville to granada?

The timings on Via Michelin are very accurate.

According to the website the NON-STOP minimal time is 2 hours 45 minutes. The total distance between the 2 cities is 253 kilometers (158 miles).

See www.viamichelin.com for route.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,365 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how long was your drive from seville to granada?

Here is the parking guide:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187441-c89888/Granad…

I always go to No. 1 on the list.

There are bigger taxis that fit 5. Also the bus stop is at Plaza Nueva to go to the Alhambra. Ask someone there to point it out to you.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
50 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how long was your drive from seville to granada?

We just returned from a visit to Andalusia including Seville and Granada.

The major roads are in good shape, and driving is relatively easy. Both Seville and Granada are typical European cities, meaning the roads get narrow and windy the more you get into the city. Driving out of Seville Santa Justa is "interesting" and I recommend you bring (or rent) a GPS -- it was a life-saver for us more than once!

Visits to the Alhambra require reservations... you have to enter the Nazrid palace within a specific half-hour time slot. I recommend you get your reservations in advance if you are planning a daytrip from Seville... or you may get a timeslot for the palace that doesn't fit your schedule well.

quebec
Level Contributor
286 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how long was your drive from seville to granada?

thanks bennymalaga regarding the parking guide and the fact that taxis can accomodate 5. Also we will have a gps, so I am sure that will help. We are in the process of perhaps deciding to travel to Granada on January 1st from seville, since everything is closed anyways and stay overnight and then visit the alhambra on the 2nd, so as to have a full day.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how long was your drive from seville to granada?

bear in mind there may be snow near Granada

quebec
Level Contributor
286 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how long was your drive from seville to granada?

good point, there may be snow. Also, on January 1st, does anyone know how the traffic will be like in Granada?

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how long was your drive from seville to granada?

2nd January is a very popular day for people to visit the Alhambra (following the Bank Holiday on the 1st when the Palace is closed) so you will need to pre-book your tickets a.s.a.p. There are less than 400 tickets left for the morning slots and under 700 for the afternoon/evening - a large drop in numbers from a week ago.

www.alhambra-tickets.es

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how long was your drive from seville to granada?

Just remember Meesa to book your visit to the Elhambra via the net as soon as possible, like yesterday. We weren't aware we had to do this and after a wait of over 2 hours in a long queue (we were staying in a village miles away and had left at 4am to get to Granada), we missed out on the palace and settled for the gardens.

quebec
Level Contributor
286 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how long was your drive from seville to granada?

I had such a hard time buying tickets over the net. I asked the person that I am renting the apartment from and he bought them for us. That was really nice. In general everyone that I renting from are extremely friendly, courteous and are going out of their way to accomodate us. They don't even want a deposit, just to let them know what time we will be arriving. We are renting an apartment in the Albayzin area on Callejon de San cecilio and I'm so worried about getting there. We will be driving on January 1st, so there shouldn't be many cars on the road. I know the traffic is restricted to residents but he told them to tell them, we had a rental car. Anyone drove in that area before?

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how long was your drive from seville to granada?

we stayed right across from the alhambra so I am not sure of the exact area you are in...but depending on how experienced a driver you are with small and windy roads you might want to consider a place to park then taking a taxi to the apt. you have rented....and many of the roads don't even allow cars...we wer just there and it was beautiful there I am sure you will have a great time....anyway this is just an opinion...I am no expert here...