We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary advice from Granada to Ronda

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary advice from Granada to Ronda

Hello,

I will be driving Saturday morning from Granada to Ronda and wondering what;s the best route. I have pretty much elected to go the inside passage (as opposed to coastal route) but don´t know if there are routes better than others.

I am also thinking about a quick stop in Marbella, Probably AFTER settling in Ronda. Going there for dinner maybe. But it´s not excluded to visit Marbella on the way there

Any last minute advice is welcome.

Thx

johannesburg,southaf...
Level Contributor
665 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary advice from Granada to Ronda

Hi there,

We took what you call the "inside route" last year from Granada to Ronda - there really wasn't anything of real interest on the way though. We felt we wanted to save our time for the pueblos blancos from Ronda -which we did -and glad for that. Very interesting scenic drive from Ronda to Grazalema which we really enjoyed - Arcos also a worthwhile stop -trek up hill from where we had to park to get to town centre - and from there drove to Seville - where we dropped off car.

Bottom line though - possibly coastal route from Granada to Ronda (which we of course didn't take) might be more interesting for you with that stop in Marbella on the way. Best of luck. (Hopefully others will reply with more insights).

johannesburg,southaf...
Level Contributor
665 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary advice from Granada to Ronda

Hi there,

We took what you call the "inside route" last year from Granada to Ronda - there really wasn't anything of real interest on the way though. We felt we wanted to save our time for the pueblos blancos from Ronda -which we did -and glad for that. Very interesting scenic drive from Ronda to Grazalema which we really enjoyed - Arcos also a worthwhile stop -trek up hill from where we had to park to get to town centre - and from there drove to Seville - where we dropped off car.

Bottom line though - possibly coastal route from Granada to Ronda (which we of course didn't take) might be more interesting for you with that stop in Marbella on the way. Best of luck. (Hopefully others will reply with more insights).

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary advice from Granada to Ronda

The inland scenery from Granada to Ronda via antequera is spectacular and far more interesting than going along the coast.

Think you may be disappointed in Marbella!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary advice from Granada to Ronda

Thanks guys for the prompt assist.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary advice from Granada to Ronda

I did drive inland. Didnt go to Marbella at all actually. I was told it was a solid 1:30 from Ronda.

The drive itself wasn't that impressive. If I had to do it again I would take the train to ronda. Quite fast. And rent a car in Ronda the next day, just to explore the white towns.

Ronda itself is spectacular. I wish I had 2 nights.

St. Albert
Level Contributor
1 post
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary advice from Granada to Ronda

In May 2009 we stayed in Marbella, Ronda (well, just outside Ronda close to Grazelama) and Granada.

I would say skip Marbella. Spend more time inland around Ronda and Granada. Also, the inland route is much more interesting scenically.

7. Re: Itinerary advice from Granada to Ronda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2010, 05:16