We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking holiday close to Granada

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
walking holiday close to Granada

Having just missed out on a walking holiday from Hotel Finca el Cerrillo I wondered if any Granada tripadvisor experts can recommend somewhere which does guided walking for a week (level 1) in picturesque countryside, with good quality accommodation and close enough to Granada for a visit as well. Plenty of uk-based companies have packages but would prefer to pay directly to hosts who provide guided walking and accommodation. Looking to travel mid-March. The Lecrin Valley sounds the sort of area. Thanks for any suggestions

Granada, Spain
Destination Expert
for Granada
Level Contributor
997 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: walking holiday close to Granada

You don't actually need anyone to organise it for you because almost anywhere there are wonderful walks almost anywhere in the Granada province.

I go walking most Sundays. The last 2 weekends I have been to the Valle de Lecrin. We went up to the hermitage above Pinos del Valle which has incredible views.

There are many websites with walks and maps although the best ones are in Spanish eg.

http://www.dlineas.com/senderos/

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
431 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: walking holiday close to Granada

Steve, no matter the quality, could you please direct us to some of those hiking sites? I'm going blind trying to find info on hikes in the area south Granada and in the Grazalema and Ronda areas. I'm looking primarily for one-day circular hikes or village-to-village because we are dependent on public transportation.

Granada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walking holiday close to Granada

Try www.albarai-outdoor.com, guided walking and other outdoor activities in the Sierra Alhama and Tejeda Mountains. Company based just outside a tiny village outside of Santa Cruz Del Comercio (10 mins from the Moorish town of Alhama de Granada), 30 mins from Granada and 40 from the Alhambra Palace. UK registered staff, headed by a UK Mountain Leader.

Iberia
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walking holiday close to Granada

MsNormer:

Try Topwalks - Walking Routes in Spain. It is my favourtie thanks to the detailed route descriptions in English and a vast amount of photographs. Also it offers maps, GPS waypoints and driving instructions for each route.

It covers 240 routes in different parts of Spain: see, http://www.topwalks.net/en/index.htm

I agree with Steve. It is so much better, when you can choose the routes yourself and walk on your own pace. Also you have a better chance to see wild animals, if you walk alone or in a small group.

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
5,658 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: walking holiday close to Granada

But tripsntips it is your favourite website because it is your website!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: walking holiday close to Granada

Agree - worth checking out www.albarai-outdoor.com - they have accomodation as well as the guided walks. Worth a look.

Oxford UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: walking holiday close to Granada

Thanks for all the helpful information will be looking into them all

8. Re: walking holiday close to Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2010, 05:17