We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nasridi Palace at 14:30 - help me, please

Russia
Level Contributor
10 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Nasridi Palace at 14:30 - help me, please

I've just bought tickets for Nasridi Palace at 14:30. Help me, please. We are going to arrive in Granada at 9 - 10 in the morning. Please, help me. If I enter the Palace at 14:30, does it mean that I have only 30 minutes for the gardens and other ticketing area from 14:00? Or I can visit all the others after seeing the Nasridi Palace at 14:30?

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nasridi Palace at 14:30 - help me, please

You have all afternoon to see all the other areas.

Russia
Level Contributor
10 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nasridi Palace at 14:30 - help me, please

Thank you very much. And how can I get the ticket office from the Granada bus station? We arrive from Torremolinos/

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Torremolinos
Torremolinos
Costa del Sol, Spain
Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nasridi Palace at 14:30 - help me, please

The bus station is out of the city centre. Best to get a taxi from the Bus Station to the Alhambra - should only cost a few Euros.

Mentioned in this post
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
33,201 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,629 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nasridi Palace at 14:30 - help me, please

Hi EspanoRusa - we've been to Alhambra several times and are there again in a couple of weeks. I've choosen 1500 Nasrid time, so similar to yours. My suggestion for you is -

Collect your tickets at about 1300. Walk down left and enter general area via Justice Gate (no tickets needed for general areas). Get your bearings. At 1400 enter the Alcazaba and do that area first (30 mins ideal and it is close to Nasrid entrance). Enter Nasrid between 1430 and 1455 (definitely don't be late). After Nasrid you can do the gardens. Also Carlos V Museum is not ticketed so you can do that whenever you wish (late morning even, if you collect your tickets earlier than my suggestion)

Edited: 30 March 2010, 15:36
Mentioned in this post
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
33,201 Reviews
Granada, Spain
usa
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nasridi Palace at 14:30 - help me, please

If arriving in Granada at 10am, and you get a cab to Alhambra ( I think it will be more than a few Euros, but would be easiest) you could essentially be there no later than 11am..probably earlier than that. At that point, you could go get your ticket. Then, there were a couple places to eat right at the point the cab would drop you off (no idea how the food is or how expensive). This could get you to around noon. At that point, you could walk up along the outside to the entrance the above poster mentioned (I don't think you can get in anywhere else at this point because you obviously have an afternoon ticket time, so you can't enter the 'ticketed areas' until 2pm). At this entry point however, (you will have walked up a rather steep incline to get to this entrance), you can go in and wander the grounds in this area..you can see the church, the palace of Carlos V and the museum within, (there's a gift shop, etc). all without showing your ticket. Then at around 1:50, I'd start heading up to the Alcazaba (sp)..the big prison looking building right in that area. Then, at 2pm, your ticket is now valid and you can enter this area. Now, keep in mind, you can only enter this building once..so if you think you will want to spend more than 25 minutes in this area...don't do it now..go back and do it later on when you have time, but you will have to backtrack. . However, we found we had time to see what we wanted to see (we had a 2:30 Nasrid time slot also) during this time frame. So if you do enter the Alcazaba, then be sure to exit the building by 2:25 at the latest. Then it is just a short walk to get into the line for Nasrid (the line forms along the side of Carlos V). I know you have until 3pm to enter, but I would not take any chances. I would be in line at 2:30 (if that was in fact your ticket time). Then once you enter Nasrid, you can stay as long as you like. Just be sure to stay in each room as long as you think you need, because traffic does flow just the one way so there really isn't any going back and forth between the rooms in the palace. But don't rush...take your time. Once you exit, then you are in a garden area, and you can then follow that all the way and follow signs to Generalife. If after that, and you chose earlier to not see Alcazaba, then just follow signs back down toward Carlos V and Nasrid, and you;ll end up back in that area.

You will love the Alhambra!! And if time allows, try to take the minibus that goes to the Albacyn (sp!) area from the Alhambra (it's 1.20 Euros). This is the area you would have viewed while standing in line for Nasrid...the white buildings on the hill across the way). Once up in the Albacyn area, listen for the driver to say "San Nicholas'. Get off at that point and then you just walk up a small flight of steps to reach the church area. From here is a beautiful vantage point to see the Alhambra across the way! This is a site that shouldn't be missed if time allows. From there, just walk back down to where you got off the bus and wait to get on again. Take it down to either the Plaza Nueva stop or the stop by the statue of Isabella. From here, you can either walk over to see the Cathedral (just ask anyone for directions...it's right in that area), or if you need to get back to the bus, then hop in cab. Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip!

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
33,201 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Palace of Carlos V
Palace of Carlos V
859 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Generalife
Generalife
9,142 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Plaza Nueva
Plaza Nueva
924 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
65,716 posts
3,733 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nasridi Palace at 14:30 - help me, please

Lynn:

You are a very good travel writer!

7. Re: Nasridi Palace at 14:30 - help me, please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2010, 07:17