We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Alhambra, Granada Spain - Info, Tickets and Times

England
Level Contributor
121 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
The Alhambra, Granada Spain - Info, Tickets and Times

Hi All,

I have just come back from Spain and visited the Alhambra. I know there are hundreds of posts already about this, but on my jollies i picked up a brochure which had some very useful infomation for tourists. So i thought i'd share this with everyone...

Alhambra:

The places open for public visits are divided into four areas:

1. Alcazaba

2. Nasrid Palaces

3. Partal

4. General Life

When deciding on the order of the places, you should bare in mind that you are given specific access time slot for the Nasrid Palaces, printed specifically on each admission ticket. After this time you will have no access to the palaces becuase they only recieve a limited number of visitors at the same time.

Site opening hours (as of May 2011 - this could change):

Day time visit:

15/03 - 14/10: 08:30 - 20:00 daily (Ticket office hours 0800-1900)

15/10 - 14/03: 08:30 - 18:00 daily (Ticket office hours 0800-1700)

For evening visit day/times of the palaces and gardens visit the following:

http://www.alhambra-patronato.es/

General Info:-

Purchase of tickets:

Visitors can purchase admission tickets at any dispenser of “La Caixa” (the official Serviticket partner institution), online (www.alhambra-tickets.es), by calling +34 902 888 001 or at the Tienda de la Alhambra on Calle Reyes Católicos nº 40, in Granada.

Collection of tickets:

The tickets bought in internet or by telephone can be picked up in the automatic machines of “La Caixa” using the credit card used for booking the tickets except the discount tariffs (with the exception of those under 12 years old).

Tickets can also be obtained either at the ticket vending machines located at the Alhambra Entrance Pavilion or at the Tienda de la Alhambra shop in Granada’s city centre on Calle Reyes Católicos nº 40, paying by credit card. Furthermore, visitors can collect their tickets at the on-site ticket offices, showing the reservation printout, the credit card used for the reservation or –if the reservation is under the name of the same person– an identity card or passport together with the reservation number.

General ProgrammesThe prices of the different admission tickets to visit the complex are the following:

General admission ticket: 13 euros

Visit the Gardens, the Alcazaba fortress and Generalife: 7 euros

Evening visit to the Nasrid Palaces: 8 euros

Evening visit to the Generalife: 5 euros

Blue circular pass: Blue Circular Pass: it allows you to do a evening visit to the Nasrid Palaces and on the next day a visit to the Gardens, Alcazaba fortress and Generalife: 15 euros.

Red Circular pass: Pass that allows fifteen visits throughout the year (ten general visits and five Evening visits). Specially thought for the public or private institutions, although it can be sold to individuals: 100 euros

Visits around the urban and Landscaping surroundings of the Monument: 25 euros

Visits around the urban and Landscaping surroundings of the Monument (under 12 years old): 4 euros

Head office:

Patronato De La Alhambra Y Generalife

Call Rea De La Alhambra s/n 18009 Granada

http://www.alhambra-patronato.es/

Information line: (34) 908 444 221

Audio guides are available in difference languages at the entrance pavillion next to the ticket office. There is also a gift and book shop available.

Hope you find this helpful.

La Grange, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Alhambra, Granada Spain - Info, Tickets and Times

Excellent. Thank you.

La Grange, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Alhambra, Granada Spain - Info, Tickets and Times

Excellent. Thank you.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The Alhambra, Granada Spain - Info, Tickets and Times

A great report for me to followw. Thank you.

Can you advise if there were any local guides outside that would take 4 people through explaining all? I know there is audio, but we would prefer a guide speaking to us.

Also we will be driving. Would you know about parking?

appreciate your help

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,220 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Alhambra, Granada Spain - Info, Tickets and Times

Pam:

There is parking near the main gate. where you pick up your tickets.

Trevelez, Spain
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Alhambra, Granada Spain - Info, Tickets and Times

OP 4. General Life

Just a small point but dont go asking for "general life" as though it were an insurance company.

Practice the hispanic "G" and pronounce it "HeneralEEfay"

#3 Guiding is very controlled and no guides would dare tout on the site. You should Pre-plan it with official guides. Expensive for 4 but thats the way it is see bookyourtour.info/index.php/…

Edited: 02 April 2012, 19:19
Sydney
Level Contributor
72 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Alhambra, Granada Spain - Info, Tickets and Times

Jeremy, I had to laugh but thanks for the help with pronunciation. Can you please clarify - is only 30 minutes allowed inside the Nasrid Palaces and then you have to leave?

Thanks in advance

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,734 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Alhambra, Granada Spain - Info, Tickets and Times

Roby...as you asked a Question on a very old thread I just wanted to inform you that once you enter the Nasrid Palaces during your timed entry slot you then have as much time as you like and not limited to 30 minutes as a visit. An average visit to see all the different rooms and courtyards is at least one hour. Don't miss the Partal Gardens once you leave the Nasrid Palaces.

Sydney
Level Contributor
72 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Alhambra, Granada Spain - Info, Tickets and Times

Thank you for replying to my question. Can I please ask you some more questions. All the advice I have read seems to point to taking the 11:30 time slot for the Nasrid Palaces. Would you agree with this and why ? Re the Partal Gardens, it sounds like these gardens are separate from the Generalife Gardens? I am thinking to arrive early and visit the Alcazaba first. What is the earliest you can enter the Alhambra if visiting the Alcazaba first? If I take the 11:30 time for Nasrid Palaces will this give me enough time in the Alcazaba before lining up for Nasrid in time for 11:30 entry? After Nasrid then spend some time in the Partal Gardens then enter the Generalife. What time would I need to enter the Generalife to be able to spend as much time here as I like and then visit the other non-ticketed areas after 14:00? and can I do this? Sorry if I am asking dumb questions but it is a bit confusing and don't want to mess up my visit.

Thank you in advance for your help. Robyn

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,734 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Alhambra, Granada Spain - Info, Tickets and Times

I am unsure where you found this advice about visiting the Nasrid at 11.30 however the avergae first visit to the entire complex usually takes around 4 hours. In my personal opinion on a nice day it would be great to spend all day as there is a lot to see. But 4 hours is just about alright. The timing of a visit really depends on various factors ...do you like to get up early or late ? do you enjoy walking ? will you be happy to be outside for a long time in a hot summer sun ..and so forth. I would really propose that you spend a little time at the official web site of the Alhambra where you can find many answers incldg this page concerning places to visit on the tour:

http://www.alhambra-patronato.es/index.php/Tour/214+M5d637b1e38d/0/

or this version : http://goo.gl/EJfxT

and study a map of the complex which you can open on the link at the foot of this page. You can see the relation of Generalife Palaces with the rest of the monument below. It also shows an Itinerary which you could follow.

If you have an entry at Nasrid for 11.30 then it would be best to start off at the Generalife Palaces and gardens where you can look down at the main part of the entire show. So allow at least one hour for that with then a slow walk down to the far end to see the Alcazaba perhaps stopping on the way to visit the Parador open terrace for a coffee/ and the Charles V building and museum. So without rushing things you could be one of the early birds and enter when the morning session commences at 08.30 and this would allow plenty of time to reach the Nasrid Palace and then after enter the Partal gardens on route back to the main entrance.

Edited: 19 April 2013, 22:48
Sydney
Level Contributor
72 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Alhambra, Granada Spain - Info, Tickets and Times

Thank you for your reply. Yes I like to get up and out early so an 08:30 start not a problem. Walking not a problem and I come from the land down under where we have just had the hottest summer on record so I'm used to walking around in the sun. I have had a look at the websites you gave me and printed the map and tour. I can't work out where the main entrance is though? Thank you for your suggested route but I haven't booked anything yet and I am leaning towards the route that goes Alcazaba, Nasrid Palaces, Generalife. I love gardens and fancy finishing off in the Generalife (not forgetting your suggestion to not forget the Partal Gardens - not sure how to fit this is yet but when I get there it will make sense I'm sure). I'm looking forward to visiting the Parador as well - can you have lunch there? Was going to stay there but only for a night and too much hassle moving hotels when only have 4 nights in Granada.

So if I enter the monument at 08:30 and start at Alcazaba what time would you suggest entering the Nasrid, allowing enough time in the Nasrid before going to the Generalife before my ticket expires. What time would I have to enter the Generalife to give me plenty of time to explore this area (can I stay here after 14:00 if I want to). I am thinking that after I've done all my exploring I could go to the Parador and chill out for a while before leaving (have a late lunch or something). Given all the rules of the monument is this possible? I really appreciate "talking" to you about this. Thanks again in advance. Robyn