We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alhambra Ticket Collection: Servi Caixa machine

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
55 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Alhambra Ticket Collection: Servi Caixa machine

Bought tickets for June 14 with 9:30 entrance time. They say that I can collect the tickets from ServiCaixa machines starting now. I'll be arriving in Madird on June 7 and travel to Seville and Granada. Does it mean that I can collect my tickets from Servi Caixa machines in Madrid or Seville as soon as I arrive in Spain? Somehow nobody has mentioned this option and I am anxious to have the tickets handy before I get there.

For 9:30 entrance time, what time should I be there? If I have the tickets before, can I be dropped off at the Justice Gate, by taxi or bus, and enter through there?

I appreciate your answer.

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alhambra Ticket Collection: Servi Caixa machine

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187441-c77529/Granad…

Yes, from any yellow ServiCaixa machine in Spain - point 28.

Yes, enter through the Justice Gate - point 24.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,689 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alhambra Ticket Collection: Servi Caixa machine

If you stay somewhere on or near Plaza Nueva you can walk up Cuesta de Gomerez street to reach the Justice Gate. Allow for 20 minutes or so as the walk is up a fairly steep footpath through a park. Follow the footpath closest to the outer wall of the Alhambra. This is the original way of entrance to the Alhambra.

Before your Nasrid entry you could spend some time looking round the Alcazaba. Because then you do not need to retrace your steps and can visit the Partal garden and Generalife after exiting Nasrid.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,553 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alhambra Ticket Collection: Servi Caixa machine

Good idea to acquire your tickets in advance and to enter through Justice Gate and to do Alcazaba first. You need to allocate 25-45 mins for Alcazaba section.

Be aware that entrance queue for Nasrid 0930 half-hour slot will begin to form at about 0915 and people for 1000 timeslot will also start hanging around about 0945.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Alhambra Ticket Collection: Servi Caixa machine

Just tried to collect tickets from LaCaixa and the only option that is not greyed out is seasonal tickets. It does not allow me to click on Alhambra. What do I do now? I am going to Alhambra tomorrow. Help please

Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
296 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alhambra Ticket Collection: Servi Caixa machine

Go to the Alhambra shop, on Reyes Catolicos between Plaza Nueva and Plaza Isabel la Catolica. They can print tickets, and they're helpful and speak English.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,689 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alhambra Ticket Collection: Servi Caixa machine

Did you read the notes about collecting tickets here ?

…ticketmaster.es/help/…

Which machine did you use?

If you fail then just go to the main entrance of Alhambra at top of hill and retrieve tickets using machine or even going to ticket window.

If you bought a seniors ticket you need to do that anyway because they need to check your age.I don't think they can do that at the downtown shop point.

Edited: 12 May 2013, 18:05
London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Alhambra Ticket Collection: Servi Caixa machine

Thanks. Got it from the shop in the end. Very easy and very close to the cathedral etc

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alhambra Ticket Collection: Servi Caixa machine

Hi I am at BC and need to collect my tickets from

Caixa machine.. What documents do ineed to provide to collect?

Pls advice.. :)

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,187 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alhambra Ticket Collection: Servi Caixa machine

You need the credit card that the booking was made with.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alhambra Ticket Collection: Servi Caixa machine

Thank u!

I din phrase my question properly, what happen is, I tried to key in my credit card info into the caixa machine but it dun seem to work.. Sth like its not valid.. Maybe because I m not using a European credit card? I have checked n cfm that the card is the one I used to purchase the tickets.

Is there other methods to get my tickets? Like gg to the Alhambra itself?

Thanks!