We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris 7 nights - Granada 1

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
500 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Paris 7 nights - Granada 1

So far we were planning on staying in Paris for 7 nights, and eventually moving onto Spain. 4 in Seville, and 5 in Barcelona. Was going to stay in Granada for 1 night. Thinking now of cutting 1 night out of Paris and adding to Granada. Good idea?

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris 7 nights - Granada 1

It all depends on three factors.

1. I am reluctant to allocate a number of days to any destination on behalf of a stranger without knowing what they intend to do there. So you might have such a full programme for Paris that it would be foolish to cut back on your nights there.

2. Assuming that you plan to visit the Alhambra in Granada, ticket availability will play a part. If there are no tickets left for the day(s) that you plan to be there, it might not be worth your cutting back on your Paris stay.

3. Assuming that you intend to travel from Granada to Barcelona, is there transport available that meets your new needs? In other words, a list of destinations does not necessarily make a practical itinerary.

Edited: 08 May 2012, 16:25
Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
587 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris 7 nights - Granada 1

Hi.

I recomend you stay 3 nights in Sevilla and 2 nights in Granada.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
500 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris 7 nights - Granada 1

3 nights in Seville will be enough? That would give us 2 full days in Seville then.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,167 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris 7 nights - Granada 1

Travelling from Seville to Granada is quite comfortable using the train. It takes about 3 hours but you can use your time in Seville to the maximum by taking either and early train or late one. Look at the timings and think of being in Granada for one full day - enough to see the Alhambra and Albaicin area plus down town. This would be one full very exhausting day.

www.renfe.es/horarios/english/index.html

If your plane for Barcelona is suitable timed you could get away with one over night in Granada but two would make it more relaxed.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris 7 nights - Granada 1

Personally I wouldn't cut Sevilla to 3 nights. It's am amazing city with neighborhoods perfect for exploring. I'd strongly recommend a daytrip to Cordoba. So if you're flying from Paris to Sevilla and do a daytrip to Cordoba that really only leaves 2.5 days.

Cutting a night from Paris to have 2 nights in Granada is all a matter of taste and logistics. Would you fly from Granada to Barcelona and when is the flight? Are you interested in both a night and day visit to the Alhambra (if so, then I'd suggest 2 nights)? Do you hate 1-nights (which I do)? etc....

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris 7 nights - Granada 1

"3 nights in Seville will be enough? That would give us 2 full days in Seville then."

Exactly. Two full days is enough if all you want to do is visit a couple of main sightseeing destinations and have a meal or two. It is not enough if you want to really explore Seville.

And that is why it is important for you to decide what you want to do at each destination.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris 7 nights - Granada 1

We just returned, and for us, 3 nights in Seville (including a stopover in Cordoba) and 4 in Barcelona were enough. Yes, we could have lingered, but in the scheme of budgeting days, this worked very well for us. At the end of each stay, we were ready to move on....

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris 7 nights - Granada 1

Sorry, I forgot the main point. We had 2 nights in Granada, and would not revise our schedule and change it to one. For us, the Alhambra was one of the highlights of our whole trip. Spectacular, and very glad we had the time to savor it. But if you don't have sufficient time, yes, you could do with just the one night.

9. Re: Paris 7 nights - Granada 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 01:40