We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Granada-Cordoba: train or bus

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Granada-Cordoba: train or bus

Hi all,

Should we take train or bus from Granada to Cordoba?

It says there are 2 trains a day and 8 buses. Train is 2.5 hrs, bus is 2.5-3 hrs...

Thanks!

BK

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,266 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Granada-Cordoba: train or bus

The bus is cheaper, but I prefer the train and able to stretch my legs

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Granada-Cordoba: train or bus

Another advantage may be - the train station in Granada is near central (but I do not know where you stay), compared to the bus station.

Bus and train stations are side by side in Cordoba.

Shanghai Region...
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,946 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Granada-Cordoba: train or bus

The morning train arrives Cordoba at 11:30 am. That gives you more time in Cordoba, especially if you're doing a daytrip.

The first bus in the summertime doesn't arrive until 1 pm. That leaves you with only half a day to sightsee and even less time, if you're planning to enjoy lunch.

New York
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Granada-Cordoba: train or bus

Gigis_mum,

We are going in the evening.

Shanghai Region...
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,946 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Granada-Cordoba: train or bus

In that case, perhaps you should see which method delivers you in Cordoba in time for either dinner or the night visit of the Cathedral.

Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Granada-Cordoba: train or bus

I cannot recommend the train from Cordoba to Granada. It's not a fast train though the scenery is nice. At Antequera it goes through the protracted process of changing gauges. This took 20 minutes. It's also past it's prime, cracked tray table, in need of a good wash. I'm a fan of train travel but wish I'd researched this better and caught the bus at one third the price and the same trip time!

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
24 posts
485 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Granada-Cordoba: train or bus

I can heartily encourage bus travel throughout southern Spain. We were on a budget and found that the buses were pleasant, on time and you can reserve your seats. The price differential for a saving of half an hour isn't worth it in my opinion. If you are traveling from one part of Spain to another, get the train, if you are traveling within a region, get the bus.

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Granada-Cordoba: train or bus

I will be from Paris. I plan to take easyjet from Paris to Seville. I would like to visit both Cordoba and Granada. What is the best way of travelling. According to google direction, there is way of travelling from Cordoba to Granada without passing through Seville again.

Thank you in advance

Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
290 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Granada-Cordoba: train or bus

I recommend the bus between Granada and Cordoba. As has already been mentioned, there are more buses than trains, and they are significantly cheaper. Buses are pretty comfortable and efficient here, and to my mind the bus takes a slightly more scenic route than the train.

It's true that the train station is more central than the bus station, but many people with luggage will want to get a town bus or taxi on to their hotel anyway, in which case it doesn't make too much difference which one you arrive at. The extra cost of a taxi from the bus station compared with the cost of a taxi from the train station is much less than the difference between the price of the bus ticket and the train ticket (particularly for two or more people travelling together).

west sussex
Level Contributor
97 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Granada-Cordoba: train or bus

So the first bus doesn't arrive till 1.00 in the summertime....what about in April and how long does the journey take?

We are staying in Granada and would like to visit Cordoba for the day.