We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions on Granada

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
58 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Questions on Granada

Hi! I only have about 1 1/2 day in Granada. I'll be going to Granada from Seville on 15Sep and will be leaving to Barcelona by flight on 16Sep about noon. Below is my plan and questions:

1. Take first train out from Seville at 0710 and arrive at Granada at 1018. Or should I take a bus take leaves earlier?

2. Check in to hotel to drop off luggage before visiting the Alhambra and Generalife. Should I buy the daytime ticket that starts from 2pm or can I get the morning ticket 8.30-2pm? I saw some reviews that if you buy the morning ticket, as long as you get in before 2pm, you can stay as long as you want. Is this correct? I'm looking at buying the tickets in advance online.

3. How far is Alhambra from the city center? Where should I stay which makes it easy to access Alhambra, other major sights, train station and airport?

Any other info or suggestions for my Granada trip would be great! Thanks!

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions on Granada

1. The train station is central in Granada, the bus station is not (20 -30 minutes to the Cathedral area by another bus).

2. No that is not a correct interpretation. You may stay in unticketed areas as long as you want and you may stay in a ticketed area beyond 1400 hours, but no further ticketed areas as the morning session has ended.

3. Anywhere in the vicinity of the Cathedral on Gran Via will suit.

Purchase your ticket for the Alhambra soonest for peace of mind.

Read the Top Questions right hand side

Edited: 29 August 2012, 16:52
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,289 posts
3,494 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions on Granada

25. The morning session is between 800H and 1400H. Your ticket will display the exact time of your entrance to the Nasrid Palace.

If your ticket for the Nasrid Palace is for the morning session before 1130 H, you need to leave the ticketed areas of the Alhambra by 1400H. You can stay in your ticketed area after that but you can no longer go to another ticketed area. Ticketed areas are the Nasrid Palace, the Alcazaba, and the Generalife. The museums in the Carlos V Palace are not ticketed areas.

If your ticket for the Nasrid Palace is for the morning session and is at 1130H or more, you can stay all day.

If your ticket is for the afternoon session, you cannot enter the Alhambra grounds before 1400H from the gate beside the ticket office. If you are early for the afternoon session, you can go down the hill and look for the Puerta de la Justicia (Justice Gate), where you can enter the Alhambra grounds. You can enter the Carlos V Palace, where there are two museums, the Fine Arts Museum and the Alhambra Museum, both of which are free.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
58 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions on Granada

Great! Thanks for all the helpful info! I've managed to buy the afternoon tix online and my entry to the palace is at 3pm. So I think this would give me a good time to reach the place and get my tix. Thanks!!

4. Re: Questions on Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2013, 10:16