We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Granada to Seville, direct train? / Cordoba luggage storage

Seattle
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Granada to Seville, direct train? / Cordoba luggage storage

We were planning to take the train from Granada to Seville on 9/25. I just tried to look up the schedule / prices at Renfe.com and got this message: "For the route requested no direct connection exists...."

Is this something new? Are there no direct trains anymore? If not, any recommendations?

Also, at the end of our stay in Seville, we'll be taking the train to Madrid. If we were to stop in Cordoba on the way, is there a (safe) place to store our luggage for a few hours? Thank you.

Seattle
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Granada to Seville, direct train? / Cordoba luggage storage

I might have answered my own question -- I went back and searched one week out and saw the direct trains. Maybe they only sell 1 week ahead of time now, not 22 days?....

Granada
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Granada to Seville, direct train? / Cordoba luggage storage

Hi,

that´s a bit weird. In any case, you don´t really need to book in advance. There is always plenty of availability. Just go to the train station 15 minutes in advance and get your tickets. In that way you will also save the commission fee you get charged when booking online.

Best wishes,

Hotel Cerro del sol

Granada

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,269 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Granada to Seville, direct train? / Cordoba luggage storage

There is luggage storage in the bus station. Pls see the Top Question for more info.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Granada to Seville, direct train? / Cordoba luggage storage

Yes, there is luggage storage, it is very reasonable, and is very secure. As said, and if it's still the same as when we visited, it is in the bus station - but that is right across the street from the train station. Cordoba will be perfect for a day trip en route. Enjoy!

Studio City
Level Contributor
91 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Granada to Seville, direct train? / Cordoba luggage storage

My family and I took the bus from Seville to Granada and it was very relaxing and easy. Be sure and reserve a seat on one of the better/superior class busses and you won't regret it. It's also faster I believe than the trains, also non stop.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,062 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Granada to Seville, direct train? / Cordoba luggage storage

There is also luggage storage in Cordoba train station, the local bus outside the train station will take you to The Mesquita.

Breaking your train journey Seville to Madrid, you will have to pay for two train sectors.

7. Re: Granada to Seville, direct train? / Cordoba luggage storage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2013, 10:16