We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another train question

Sgl
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
308 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Another train question

We are taking the train from Granada to Madrid. Do we change trains on this route, if so, where?

Thanks, Susan

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,298 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another train question

Susan,

On most days, there are 2 Altaria trains from Granada to Madrid. Approx. 4 hrs with 4 stops in between. Departures at 9 am and 6 pm.

There's also an 'Enlace' train and that will require a change of trains in Baeza. It makes a dozen plus stops, so you should avoid it.

http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

If you are traveling in the next few months, consider buying your tickets online in advance. Web-discounted fares are about 28 euros vs the full fare of 41 euros. Tickets are currently available up to Dec. 15.

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Baeza
Baeza
Province of Jaen, Spain
Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
9,230 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another train question

Good advice.

I'll only add that if you have any problems with using renfe.com, simply use either www.petrabax.com/renfe or www.raileurope-world.com, both of which have a direct link to the Renfe ticketing system so charge the same prices, including web and estrella fares, with just a small mark-up in the case of Petrabax, a €4 fee in the case of Raileurope-world (not to be confused with any other of Rail Europ's various websites, as not all of them have this link)

Sgl
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
308 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another train question

I bought our train tickets about 60 days out and had no problems on the renfe site getting the web discount. After reading all the comments I was very concerned but my transaction went smoothly. I did call my credit card in advance. That may have helped.

4. Re: Another train question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 09:16