We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alhambra palace and gardens

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Alhambra palace and gardens

Visiting Granada at the end of January 2013 and want to book tickets on line for the Alhambra, ........what is the best time to take in both the palace and gardens? Is it better to see the palace first followed by the gardens or vice versa? Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,090 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alhambra palace and gardens

The Nasrid Palaces are the most important sight to see at the Alhambra. I would see that first. Then, go over to the Generalife Gardens.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alhambra palace and gardens

Thanks. If I book the tickets online with ticketmaster do I queue at ticket office to have it validated or can I get entrance right away?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,933 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alhambra palace and gardens

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187441-c77529/Granad…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187441-i416-k4202…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187441-d191078/Grana…

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alhambra palace and gardens

Thanks for the info!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alhambra palace and gardens

travellight:

I would book the Nasrid Palace for 9:30 am. The light in the morning is very good for taking photos.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
60 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alhambra palace and gardens

Travellight 13,

Did you manage to book your tickets online yet? I've been trying to do so on the Ticketmaster website the past week, following all the tips that have been shared on this topic. But so far, I've not been successful. If you have another place to book the tickets online, I'd appreciate it if you'd share it with me.

Thanks.

London
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alhambra palace and gardens

I had no problems bookig through this link:

ticketmaster.es/nav/…

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
60 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alhambra palace and gardens

Thanks, Hywel123. Still isn't working for me - tried booking with 5 different credit cards and they all failed. Maybe I'll try the Bono card or if all fails, just get my tickets when I get to Granada.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,090 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alhambra palace and gardens

Scattegory,

Using Ticketmaster to buy tickets for the Alhambra usually isn't that difficult, even for visitors from Singapore. Did you call your credit card company first and tell them you would be making an online purchase from Spain?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
60 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alhambra palace and gardens

Gigis Mum,

Yes, I did contact my credit card companies prior to booking and they made it easy for us to use the card online (with PIN etc). So when we got the failure mssage from Ticketmaster, we contacted the banks and they said the problem was with Ticketmaster. Not to worry. I have a friend in Spain right now and she will help me book over there. Thanks very much for the responses. Soooo looking forward to visiting the Alhambra!