We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family friendly Grenada?

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Family friendly Grenada?

We're heading to frigliani to stay for a week in June but were thinking of tagging on another week. We were wondering about spending some of the other week in either Grenada or Seville as a bit of variety. Challenge being that we're travelling with two little ones (1 & 3). Anyone have advice on which city might be more family friendly / have more we can do with the kids?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,592 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family friendly Grenada?

Middler:

In Seville they have the Plaza de España where you can go boating in the canals around the plaza.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,820 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family friendly Grenada?

Remember when doing on-line searches for tickets, accommodation etc. that it is Granada with an ´A´ not Grenada with an ´E´ - a very frequent error.

Personally I would only add 2 or 3 nights to your stay in a city destination as they can be very boring for little ones and - especially Seville - much warmer than on the coast.

Edited: 11 January 2013, 06:49
Yarm
Level Contributor
645 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family friendly Grenada?

I wouldn't really class either city as family friendly - and to confirm Campolady's post - we once went to Seville in June and it was so very hot - all day and into the night. We spent a lot of the day dodging the sun or having long siestas. We did see a few people with children and I actually remember commenting on how boring it must be for them - they certainly looked it.

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family friendly Grenada?

Thanks for the responses - particularly as regards the heat in Seville. Maybe I was just wishfully thinking we could holiday like we used to before we had the kids. Maybe we stay near the coast & head up into the sierra Nevada or other national parks if we want some variety - thanks.

Yarm
Level Contributor
645 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family friendly Grenada?

Middler - there are so many places to take children on that part of the coast- we used to say ( as I'm sure many parents do ) if the children were happy - we were. A coastal resort would perhaps suit - the promenades are great fun for kids as there is plenty for them to see and the three year old is safe to toddle along side you. Benalmadena marina has a sea life aquarium- then there's paloma park with a host to see - very gentle - rabbits and chickens running about freely. Nearby selwo dolphinarium and a butterfly park at Benalmadena pueblo. For your bit of culture Malaga city is a bit of a gem - it's attraction for you is that it too has a promenade - sand - sea and all very child friendly- a port - some wide streets - a lovely market etc.

Hope you enjoy wherever you choose.

Granada...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Family friendly Grenada?

In Granada there a couple of good places to visit, like the Science park, which is a great place for the family, and if it´s in June, then It´s gonna be very hot. Granada has a water park called "Acuaola", close to the city, in a small village called Monachil. You can find a lot more information about it here granadaforyou.com/places-to-visit/… and here granadaforyou.com/what-to-do/… I hope it helps!

Granada
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Family friendly Grenada?

I would recommend Grenada. Apart from the Alhambra and Sierra Nevada, there is also the Science Museum, which kids love. The interactive Museum of the memory of Andalusia will also be lovely for your little ones since there are plenty of activities for little children. And as another person suggested, the Aquatic Park is a lot of fun (we are actually just a few minutes away from it).

8. Re: Family friendly Grenada?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 07:17