We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nasrid Palaces - help please!

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
904 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Nasrid Palaces - help please!

I read this on the Alhambra General Daytime Visit:

<<IMPORTANT: Visitors must enter the Nasrid Palaces within the specific access time slot written on their admission ticket.>>

I'm buying my tickets in advance online. I chose 12:30hr for Nasrid Palaces entry---does it mean I can go in when they open at 8:30 a.m. and visit the other areas before my 12:30 pm entry to Nasrid Palace?

But if I chose 8:30 am entry to Nasrid, then I have to be there at 7:30 am? Is that correct?

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nasrid Palaces - help please!

'I chose 12:30hr for Nasrid Palaces entry---does it mean I can go in when they open at 8:30 a.m. and visit the other areas before my 12:30 pm entry to Nasrid Palace?' - Yes, you can enter the Alhambra grounds at 0830 and visit the other areas before the 1230 entry to Nasrid Palace.

'But if I chose 8:30 am entry to Nasrid, then I have to be there at 7:30 am? Is that correct?' - No you make your way to the Nasrid in time for an entry at the window time of 0830 to 0900 hours - and as you have already purchased for 1230 entry how is this relevant?

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
904 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nasrid Palaces - help please!

Thanks for your reply.

<<But if I chose 8:30 am entry to Nasrid, then I have to be there at 7:30 am? Is that correct?' - No you make your way to the Nasrid in time for an entry at the window time of 0830 to 0900 hours - and as you have already purchased for 1230 entry how is this relevant?>> I have not purchased the 1230 hr entry yet.

I have read somewhere on TA from among the many posts that one has to be at the Nasrid Palaces entry one hour before the designated time. In case I choose the 0830 hr, then I have to make sure I'll be at the window before 0830 hrs. - if that's what your saying? After Nashrid, I can then visit the other areas of the Alhambra. Does this sound like a plan?

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nasrid Palaces - help please!

'I have not purchased the 1230 hr entry yet.' - you said initially ' I chose 12:30hr for Nasrid Palaces entry' - past action tense :-)

'I have read somewhere on TA from among the many posts that one has to be at the Nasrid Palaces entry one hour before the designated time '- wherever you read this - it is nonsense.

'<<IMPORTANT: Visitors must enter the Nasrid Palaces within the specific access time slot written on their admission ticket.>>'

You enter the Nasrid at any time within the half hour allotted entry time i.e. if 0830, it is 0830 to 0900.

Perhaps you should read the Top Question on the subject, right of this forum to gain insight.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
904 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nasrid Palaces - help please!

My bad! Something missing in my first scenario ;) the word "if"...

Thank you....I have read the Top Question on the subject and have read many more threads which perhaps have lead me to a state of confusion. ;)

I do appreciate your brief and straight forward reply. Thanks!

5. Re: Nasrid Palaces - help please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 05:16