We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alhambra Morning or Afternoon

Nj
Level Contributor
106 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Alhambra Morning or Afternoon

The morning tickets for the day we would like to go are sold out. Would we be better off in going in the afternoon (lots of tickets available) or waiting till the next day when tickets are available in the morning?

If you get a ticket for the afternoon, can you walk around the grounds in the morning?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,270 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alhambra Morning or Afternoon

djdrs:

From Buying Alhambra Tickets Online:

Timing

The morning session is between 800H and 1400H. Your ticket will display the exact time of your entrance to the Nasrid Palace. If your ticket for the Nasrid Palace is for the morning session before 1130 H, you need to leave the ticketed areas of the Alhambra by 1400H. You can stay in your ticketed area after that but you can no longer go to another ticketed area. Ticketed areas are the Nasrid Palace, the Alcazaba, and the Generalife. The museums in the Carlos V Palace are not ticketed areas.

If your ticket for the Nasrid Palace is for the morning session and is at 1130H or more, you can stay all day.

If your ticket is for the afternoon session, you cannot enter the Alhambra grounds before 1400H from the gate beside the ticket office. If you are early for the afternoon session, you can go down the hill and look for the Puerta de la Justicia (Justice Gate), where you can enter the Alhambra grounds. You can enter the Carlos V Palace, where there are two museums, the Fine Arts Museum and the Alhambra Museum, both of which are free.

Sarasota, Florida
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Alhambra Morning or Afternoon

Great information. I do want to make sure I understand you...If I get a ticket for the morning session at the Nasrid Palace and an entry time of 11:30 or later, I can visit the Palace at 11:30, stay a few hours and then visit the other ticketed areas (the Alcazaba, and the Generalife) anytime in the afternoon. I will not be denied entry after 14:00?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
61,270 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alhambra Morning or Afternoon

Joyce:

The answer is yes. You can stay all afternoon.

Sarasota, Florida
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Alhambra Morning or Afternoon

Thanks so much!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,759 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alhambra Morning or Afternoon

I really wish that the Alhambra people made this clear to those visiting. No mention at all on the official web site as far as I can see. www.alhambra-patronato.es/

It certainly makes sense for those visitors who can only arrive at the Alhambra mid morning with a late morning Nasrid entry slot to be allowed to roam the rest of the ticketed areas during the "afternoon session" which commences at 2pm.instead of making the visit limited to 8am to 2pm for all ticketed areas.

Of course if you have a Nasrid entry time of 1pm for example included in the morning session then you can say as long as you like within the Nasrid palaces area.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,302 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alhambra Morning or Afternoon

I've visited Alhambra numerous times, but have always 'played safe' by using my tickets either wholly in morning or wholly after 1400.

I've seen the feedback from Benny about if your ticket for the Nasrid Palace is for the morning session and is at 1130H or more, then you can still enter past the checkpoints for all the other ticketed areas anytime after 1400. That all seems logical but I've never seen it fully publicised elsewhere.

Can anyone on this forum confirm that they have actually been able to do what is stated above, and done it without problem ?

(I'm not wishing to create any concern, but it would be useful to remove any doubt. It's correct that one can stay in the final ticketed section as long as one wants; similarly for staying in the general areas that are non-ticketed; but can one actually go past another checkpoint after 1400, when in possession of an 1130+ morning ticket is my only doubt? Anyone done it ?)

Edited: 22 March 2013, 18:45
KCH
Sydney
Level Contributor
950 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alhambra Morning or Afternoon

Now I confused too.... I have been reading up on Alhambra tickets.

So the best time slot is clearly morning session with Nasrid at 1130. Since you can enter at 800, look at the other two ticketed area for the whole morning, then Nasrid at 1130. And also spend the rest of the afternoon inside the other ticketed areas as well?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
61,270 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alhambra Morning or Afternoon

Friends:

The information I have given is information I asked one of the attendants at the Alhambra the last time I went there. He explained it very carefully to me and I took notes. I always take a small notebook when I travel so that I do not forget any important detail.

KCH
Sydney
Level Contributor
950 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alhambra Morning or Afternoon

Thanks benny. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alhambra Morning or Afternoon

^ i thought you couldnt reenter ticketed areas after youd been in them? so if you have visited them in the morning, then you cant go back in after the nasrid palace?