We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alhambra Ticket collection options & solutions ?

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Alhambra Ticket collection options & solutions ?

Hi Forum,

I have used this site (ticketmaster.es/nav/…), and I bought 2 tickets ONLY for (Generalife and Alcazaba) which means that Nasrid Palaces aren't included

The receipt has been sent to my email address, I read on the site that the ticket collection options:

a) Collect them at the ServiCaixa terminals of ”la Caixa”.

b) In the Alhambra: You can also print your tickets at the collection terminals of the venue itself until a few minutes before the start of the session.

My problem is that I & my wife will arrive to Granada at 10:00 pm at night, and the visiting time which is printed on my receipt is 8:30 am in the morning of the next day.

So, What should I do ?

Q1) Do these ”la Caixa” machines operate 24/7 or at least during the night time?

Q2) Are these ”la Caixa” machines located in the open areas e.g. streets like phone booth and vending machines? Or are they inside malls or shopping centers?

Q3) Please forgive me because I am quite confused and I did not understood option (b) which states: b) In the Alhambra: You can also print your tickets at the collection terminals of the venue itself until a few minutes before the start of the session.

Any one who's kind to answer my questions and explain to me the option (b) Please ?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,273 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alhambra Ticket collection options & solutions ?

La Caixa machines are ATM's www.granadainfo.com/alhambra

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,673 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alhambra Ticket collection options & solutions ?

World:

The Caixa machines are like ATMs and are installed outside Caixa offices, so you can get your tickets even at night.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,876 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alhambra Ticket collection options & solutions ?

Surely easiest is to use the nearest LA CAIXA bank ATM machine. Just follow the instructions on the screen. If this is not easy then just go to the main entrance pavilion at Alhambra in morning.

I don't understand why it says that you can print your tickets at Alhambra

"until a few minutes before the start of the session."

In any event if you wish to take your time in morning and not want to rush headlong towards the Alhambra before 08.30 then as you have access to Generalife and Alcazaba only (on that ticket) which I am presuming states that you have purchased a morning session ticket allowing access after 08.30 until 14.00 then head to the main entrance which is at the top of the hill either by bus or taxi or walking and merely go to the ticket window for collection of tickets with your reservation print off and Credit Card used for purchase then take your tickets. So if the weather is a little rainy for example you don't need to go too early. The GENERALIFE gardens and palaces is closest to the main entrance pavilion so go to this place first. After spending your time you can walk down the hill towards the main part of the Alhambra complex visiting maybe the Parador hotel terrace for a coffee - this has nice view towards where you just came from. Then call into the grand square building CARLOS V palace where you will find exhibitions. Before heading down past the entrance area for Nasrid Palaces to the Alcazaba where you can see some views of the city and Sierra Nevada at the top of the tower.

After Alcazaba if you want you can walk down to Plaza Nueva using the lovely old main gateway entrance called Justice Gate or Puerta de la Justicia.

I hope this has been of some help.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Alhambra Ticket collection options & solutions ?

Thank you Nurioopta !

Thank you BennyMalaga !

Thank you Cadiz_lover ! Great suggestion which I will consider for sure.

One last question: As you all mentioned that La Caixa machines are somewhat ATM's and I assume that these La Caixa machines are distributed all over Spain.

So, My question is: If I am in Valencia or in Seville the days before reach Granada, Can I use those Caixa machines (In Valencia/Seville) to print my tickets ?

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,346 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alhambra Ticket collection options & solutions ?

You can print your ticket at ANY Caixa bank in Spain. For example I booked for a concert in Barcelona next month and printed my tickets in Nerja. The machines are very easy to use, just insert the credit card you booked with and follow the instructions.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,876 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alhambra Ticket collection options & solutions ?

On the Ticketmaster website that you have referred to there is a link to enable you to find a branch of La Caixa depending on city / postal code. La Caixa banks are quite common in Spain and also have quite sophisticated ATM services.. Find the most convenient.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,678 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alhambra Ticket collection options & solutions ?

does anyone know if you have to have a pin number for your credit card to get tickets f rom the ATM machine? I have never used a pin and don't have one (or don't know what it is if there is one) Will Caixa machines take credit cards without pins? Has anyone done this?

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,346 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alhambra Ticket collection options & solutions ?

You need a 4 digit pin number to access ATM machines with cards.

Edited: 28 March 2013, 13:42
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
914 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alhambra Ticket collection options & solutions ?

Are there La Caixa machines in bus stations--ALSA bus station in Madrid. We will be taking the bus to Granada and if we get to the station plenty of time, might as well get our tickets there.

@cadiz-lover,

Really great info you provided WORLD2013. We have tickets to Session "General Diurma", entry time Nasrid Palaces is at 9:30hr. Question please: can we use the same walking guide you mentioned?

10. Re: Alhambra Ticket collection options & solutions ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2014, 06:18