We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving at Granada by Train & leaving by Plane, Please help

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Arriving at Granada by Train & leaving by Plane, Please help

Hi All,

I will be arriving at Granada from Sevilla by train and then leaving at night from Granada to Barcelona by plane.

I need to know few things:

1) where can I leave my luggage in the train station so I could pick it up by end of day and head to the airport?

2) Best way to transfer from the train station to the Alhambra?

3) Are there trains that run from the train station to the airport that I can take at night?

thanks everyone for the advice..

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving at Granada by Train & leaving by Plane, Please help

1. There is a premises just outside the station for storage but not in the station. However, if going directly to the Alhambra and with no need to go back to the vicinity of the station, use the facilities at the Alhambra.

2. Taxi. Otherwise two bus journeys. Or walk and a bus journey. Or walk all the way (certainly not with luggage).

3. There is no train to the airport. There is a bus service - autocaresjosegonzalez.com/index.php/en/servi… - Catch it from near opposite the cathedral (referred to as 3rd bus stop).

Have I covered all?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving at Granada by Train & leaving by Plane, Please help

Hi WomBatt,

First thanks a lot for the super quick reply :)

Well thanks for the tip about storing my luggage at the Alhambra, I didn't know that it's possible, you saved me a trip back to the train station.

Sorry for being greedy, but I have few more questions.

1) I am booking now my Alhambra tickets online and the available slot is between 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm, when should I book the slot for the Nasrid Palace, is it usually supposed to be left at the end of the tour or at the beginning?

2) I will be at granada around 9:00 am and Since I didn't find early tickets for the alhambra, then I will tour granada in the morning then go to the Alhambra at 2:00 pm, when should I arrive at the alhambra for my 2:00 pm ticket?

3) are all the sights close to the alhambra so I can store my luggage in the morning and then continue on my tour then get back at 2:00 ? or I will have to take a bus?

4) How long is the trip from the alhambra to the airport?

So sorry for all the questions. and thanks for your help.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,409 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving at Granada by Train & leaving by Plane, Please help

And check all the notes in the Top Questions list on the right hand side of this page ?

Including transport tips:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187441-s301/Granada:…

and the luggage storage shop near the station is here :

http://ilockergranada.com/

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving at Granada by Train & leaving by Plane, Please help

Hi Cadiz_lover,

Thanks for the reply, and thanks a lot for those links, that's what I needed, so sorry for all those questions, I am planning a six weeks trip in 4 countries in europe, thats my first trip to plan and I can't imagine the amount of details I need to go through to make sure everything is in place.

I have been going through all sorts of forums to understand how the alhambra ticket works, I just have one questions regarding the Alhambra visit.

I will get the ticket from 2:00 pm till 8:00 pm, so is there a preferred time slot to place my Nasrid visit?

Thanks again

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,409 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving at Granada by Train & leaving by Plane, Please help

You must buy your ticket asap because I just noticed you are traveling soon. Tickets on the official internet web tend to sell out. Pick any convenient time. Maybe start with the earliest slot for the Nasrid Palaces because this is the most important part of the heritage.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving at Granada by Train & leaving by Plane, Please help

Hey Cadiz_lover,

Yeah I didn't know that tickets sell that fast, the earliest I found was 17:30, so I got it, I really hoped to find an early slot, but the good thing at least I found tickets, I didn't know that May was that busy..

Thanks everyone for your help.

7. Re: Arriving at Granada by Train & leaving by Plane, Please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 05:17