We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Granada from Nerja

yorkshire
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Granada from Nerja

We are planning to go to Granada by car from Nerja in October. How long will it take? We would appreciate advice how to organise trip, where to park car, how to get to alhambra,bus tours etc.

Where else should we visit?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,534 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Granada from Nerja

If you have a look at the Nerja forum there are several threads that have some helpful information for you.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,410 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Granada from Nerja

Done exactly that trip a few times now. Easy drive; on approaching Granada follow the special signs all the way to Alhambra. Park in carpark there all day (in official carpark, not in ones that might spring up nearby). Do not drive into Granada city centre - nightmare driving. Alhambrabus goes down & up to / from city centre from near ticket office & carpark at Alhambra. I always book an afternoon timeslot for Alhambra when visiting from Nerja so that it takes away any time pressure on visiting Alhambra. It's a lonmg day just going there and back and visiting Alhambra (the latter can take between 3 & 5 hours dependent on the individual)

Edited: 08 May 2013, 20:40
yorkshire
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Granada from Nerja

is it worth doing organised tours i have seen that take 2.5 hours that leave around 10 in morning

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,410 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Granada from Nerja

I never go on tours nowadays - as I aways have a hire car and much prefer to go exactly where I want to go (rather than where the tour leader takes everyone) and at the pace I prefer (rather than being rushed, especially in Alhambra).

All down to personal preferences, I guess.

PS - if you do it yourself you must buy your tickets for Alhambra well in advance (even for October) - and for the time that suits you

5. Re: Day trip to Granada from Nerja

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2014, 05:16