We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spain top sites

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Spain top sites

We are in Barcelona, Sevilla, Madrid and Granada for a couple of days each. Can anyone suggest the top one or two must see's at each of these sites?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,298 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spain top sites

Strawberri:

Granada - The Alhambra and the Cathedral

Seville - The Cathedral and the Alcazar

Madrid - Palacio Real and the Prado

Barcelona - Sagrada Familia Basilica and the Palau de la Musica Catalana

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
3,036 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Spain top sites

In Barcelona we toured the Camp Nou, the home of Barcelona FC then had a wander along Las Rambles including a delicious tapas lunch in a very traditional café. Unfortunately we were only there for a quick day trip and I wanted to take my son to the Camp Nou so we didn't have time for the other many sights. There will always be another trip.

I love Sevilla, the one place I really want to see and hopefully will get it sorted on my October trip this year is Plaza de España.

Saludos. Lindsay

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,298 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spain top sites

Campsie:

I recently saw the old movie Lawrence of Arabia and part of it was filmed at the Plaza de España, in one of the buildings there. In the movie it was supposed to be the British military headquarters in Cairo. The building now has a very large military museum.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
3,036 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Spain top sites

Thanks for that information Benny. Plaza de España was the aim of a day trip last October. My son and I took the car up to Utrera from Olvera, there were a few spots of rain in Utrera but nothing to complain about. By the time the train got into Santa Justa it was bucketing down fit to burst. I decided on some lunch in the train station, not exciting but lunch nonetheless, poked my nose outside, took a few pictures of a very wet Sevilla and got the train back. An abandonment of the lovely day I had planned.

Next day I bought two brollies, the last three days of our October '12 holiday I saw weather I had never seen the likes of before in Spain. That was the beginning of your very unusual autumn/winter.

Saludos. Lindsay

5. Re: Spain top sites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 07:17