We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Granada itinerary-opinions please!

connecticut
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Granada itinerary-opinions please!

We are traveling to Granada in a couple of weeks-this st the rough plan of what I thought would work-just want opinions on whether this sounds do able and also have a couple of specific questions-thanks!

We arrive in Granada on a Sunday night; staying at Granada Paradore Sun & Mon nights. We have reservations for the Alhambra for Monday at 9:30AM. Would like go to the Arab baths after the Alhambra (lunch first?) for a 1&1/2 hr session (do I need to make reservations ahead of time/this time of year?). Then wanted to walk through Alaceria/some shopping and maybe up to San Nicolas viewpoint-for a drink? dinner? (any ideas where is good?)/sunset is at 6:02 that day. The next day we were planning on taking the 12:45 train to Ronda (should I reserve now? OK day before or day of?). We wanted to see the Royal Chapel & ?cathedral that morning before we leave-would there be enough time to do this? I assume we could leave our luggage at the Paradore, but would this leave us enough time to get to the train? We can take cabs if needed. If not-is there a place near the cathedral to store luggage? I appreciate any help!

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,122 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Granada itinerary-opinions please!

a bit rushed but doable. San Nicolas viewpoint can be followed by a walk in Albaicin neighborhood and walk down to the city center. While walking down or in the city center you can have dinner, plenty of bars and restaurants all over, depending on what you want.

As for the luggage store, I would check out early from the Parador, and head (taxi) to the train station where you have lockers, drop the luggage in there, buy your ticket to Ronda and get to the cathedral (taxi again I would say, they are cheap), check the royal chapel, cathedral and maybe a small walk around, and head back to the train station.

Edited: 06 November 2013, 14:47
Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Granada itinerary-opinions please!

myscreen is right.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,162 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Granada itinerary-opinions please!

The train should have plenty of seats and personally I would not bother to buy in advance and just get to the station leaving some time before to buy tickets. Of course if you can buy using the online process and print off your tickets then it would be a 100% safeguard.

The railway station at Granada is quite small and does not see many trains each day. There are plans to build a new high speed line with a new station however these plans have gone down a siding and seem to have hit buffers. There is some evidence of all the new bridges and tracks including tunnels seen from the Media Distancia train that you will ride.As far as luggage storage at the rail station I do not think that there is any actually at the station although some enterprising person started offering this service at a private place near the station. I have not been to the station for some time so cannot vouch for this. Maybe someone local may be aware

So you could just make a beeline in the morning down to the Cathedral area by walking from the Parador down to Plaza Nueva and this may take maximum 30 minutes. Actually you could walk via the Justice Gate. If necessary take the regular micro bus back up to the top of the Alhambra and get to the Parador to collect luggage and taxi for the station. The Alhambra buses leave from near the cathedral on Gran Via.

As for the place to dine up at Albaicin. There are a few places having recommendations that I have seen in the Forum earlier but am not today in a position to do a search using the search box above. Or look down the best restaurant listing on Trip Advisor.

Have a great trip.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Granada itinerary-opinions please!

For the arab baths, yes I think you have to make a reservation because they only allow a certain number of people in at a timeblock. You can also go there in the evening (maybe before dinner) so you can make the most of your daylight hours in Granada.

If you look at their website they also have a discount now for online reservations if your visit is in December: …hammamalandalus.com/en/special-offers/25_de…

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
62,618 posts
3,724 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Granada itinerary-opinions please!

traveler:

There is no luggage storage at the train station in Granada.

6. Re: Granada itinerary-opinions please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 05:16