We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets to Alhambra sold out! Help!

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Tickets to Alhambra sold out! Help!

Hi All,

Can anyone advise if there is any where else we can buy tickets to Alhambra for 7 Dec 2013?

The tickets are sold out on Ticketmaster.

Are we able to buy on the day itself?

TIA!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,767 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets to Alhambra sold out! Help!

there is a pass sold by the tourist office to many monuments and sites which includes the Alhambra -- be sure they have available slots that day when you buy it -- but generally that will get you in to the Alhambra. the pass is called Bono Turistico

there are also tickets on sale at the Alhambra and people have reported getting them by arriving early 8:30 or so

so you will probably be able to get tickets once there

Edited: 14 November 2013, 17:57
Singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets to Alhambra sold out! Help!

Thanks for the info.

Singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets to Alhambra sold out! Help!

Are we able to buy the tickets for Alhambra a day in advance at the ticket counter itself?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,767 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets to Alhambra sold out! Help!

I would assume so, but I don't know.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,661 posts
3,568 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets to Alhambra sold out! Help!

tulips:

I do not think so. You can ask your hotel if they can get tickets for you because the Alhambra reserves tickets for hotels.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,165 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets to Alhambra sold out! Help!

Just to comment on some remarks above. During the period 6th to 8th December many people will be "tourists" in Granada and Andalucia because this is a public holiday weekend. So the Alhambra is one of those monuments that will be most visited. It may be possible to buy a Bono pass and this question has been asked before so best to do a search in the Forum for previous threads.

And see here

granadatur.com/en/uplevel-menu/granada-card/

But of course you could pay more money and go with a guided tour group but clearly you should ask your hotel for some assistance.

The Alhambra tickets are not sold in advance of the day except by the official Ticketmaster web site and by going to the main entrance early because a certain quantity of tickets are sold "on the day". For such a busy day like yours I would imagine that you would need to be at the ticket office very early in the dark as the tickets start selling at 8am and guides and others will be sending their queue waiters surely before 7am just so they can bag a number of tickets. I believe that there is a maximum of 10 tickets allowed to be purchased by these early risers !

The Alhambra is the most visited monument in Spain and hence will be difficult to visit unless some advance planning is organised.

Edited: 18 November 2013, 07:50
Singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets to Alhambra sold out! Help!

Oh no wonder. Thanks for the info!

Barcelona, Spain
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Tickets to Alhambra sold out! Help!

Hi tulips02!

I affraid Cadiz-lover is right, from 6th to 8th Dec, many people in Spain will be on holidays, so waiting to be in Granada for buying your tickets is a bit risky.

You've better try to make the booking of you tickets in advance. Have you tried to make a booking online of the Tourism Bono Card in advance? Maybe this article could help you for getting your tickets, as I've seen there are different options to buy them: http://goo.gl/4BYRWO

Good luck!

Singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tickets to Alhambra sold out! Help!

Thank you all for the advise. I have book the tourism bono card. Thank you.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,062 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tickets to Alhambra sold out! Help!

YAy..so pleased..take note of the opening hours of the kiosk where you collect your tickets and their locations....

granadatur.com/en/…