We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Granada to Segovia

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Granada to Segovia

Hello,

Can someone tell me please an scenic route from Granada to Segovia. I read about going

over the mountains through Navacerrada. But I am not sure how would I enter it in the GPS. Is Navacerrada a town?

If possible, I would like to stop in a pretty town on our way, or at least the drive to be an scenic one, even if it takes a little longer.

Thank you very much!!!

Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Granada to Segovia

Navacerrada is a municipality, but in this context the person was almost certainly referring to the Puerto de Navacerrada, which is a pass through the mountains near Madrid. The journey Granada-Segovia takes the best part of 5 hours the quickest way, and an extra twenty minutes or so if you go via Navacerrada.

It should be said that this only changes the very last part of your journey from Granada to Segovia, after you pass Madrid, and for most of the route you would sill be taking the main motorway (A44 then A4). Unfortunately there are no very obvious scenic detours for most of the route.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,933 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Granada to Segovia

Consuegra is just off the main A-4 road south of Madrid if you are interested in Don Quixote windmills.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consuegra

if you have more days then several alternatives. For example via Ubeda/Baeza or Toledo.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Granada to Segovia

Thank you very much TrekSierraNevada and Cadiz_lover!!!!

Granada, Spain
Destination Expert
for Granada
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Granada to Segovia

If you put avoid motorways and choose the shortest route into a GPS like Tom Tom

it will usually take you a scenic route.

Nowadays I use the google maps ap on my android PDA because it is free and it is very up to date.

It doesn't pronounce the Spanish places very well but it works very well.

I suppose it must be available on iphone also.

You can see the route from Granada to Segovia here

crazycalculations.com/directions/index.php…

In my opinion you would be better to drive directly from Granada to Segovia then the folowing day

drive down to Almuñecar using the mountain road which has spectacular scenery.

Choose the signpost to Otivar about 20km outside of Granada.

Carry on to la Herradura and have lunch at the Gaviota beach restaurant

which is a chiringuito (beach restaurant)

Driving time from Granada on the mountain road is about 100 minutes.

The motorway takes about 60 minutes.

5. Re: Granada to Segovia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 05:16