We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easily Accessed Parking Lots in Granada

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Easily Accessed Parking Lots in Granada

We will be visiting Granada for 4 nights in early February arriving from Malaga. While we will be staying in the centre of Granada we would prefer to to park our rental car in an attended, easy to access lot near the outskirts of the city and then take a bus or taxi to our hotel. If possible we would prefer a surface lot rather than a parking garage which may be tight to navigate. Your suggestions would be most appreciated!

manchester
Level Contributor
405 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easily Accessed Parking Lots in Granada

Hi

I know you wanted a surface parking lot, but I used this one last summer and there was no problem with the space allocated ( I was parking a Kangoo which is bigger than your normal car). I parked one level down from ground level and it was fine. Not too confined and reasonable parking bays.

Parking Severo Ochoa was reccommended to me by a Granada expert and he was right. it was easily accessible from the motorway - there is no chance of getting tangled up in the one way system if you are vigilant and do your homework beforehand ( street maps to help recognise landmarks). It is cheap enough and easy to get into city centre - parking attendant called us a cab. This was by far the most reasonable in price- for 4 nights you will pay for a week I think, but it is still cheaper than 24 hours at a time which most of the others charge.I think I paid about 42 euros for 3 days parking ( this would have been the same for 4 nights I think)

The car park was secure and I shall use it again this summer.

Hope this re-assures you about underground car parks.

See the Where can I park downtown in the top questions section on this page and you will find a link for this car park.

Viola

Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easily Accessed Parking Lots in Granada

Viola your reply was most helpful! Parking Severo Ochoa was one of the lots I had read about......but you have alleviated my concerns about it being a potentially difficult to navigate parking garage. It seems the perfect solution for our parking needs. Thank you for taking time to share your experiences!

Granada, Spain
Destination Expert
for Granada
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easily Accessed Parking Lots in Granada

Viola is correct the Severa Ochoa is hard to beat.

Also It is fairly spacey for turning around in.

There is a lot of info here about car parks here.

http://granadamap.com/car_parks.htm

There is an info page about severa ochoa here including instructions.

http://granadamap.com/so/index_en.htm

manchester
Level Contributor
405 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easily Accessed Parking Lots in Granada

Hi Steven- You were that expert !

I was absolutely terrified about driving to Granada and parking- your advice really helped and proved accurate.

Thanks for that.

We are going to be returning to Granada for a couple of day trips this year- I may well be asking your advice about a number of things!

Cheers

Viola

Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easily Accessed Parking Lots in Granada

Thank you Steve! I am now well armed with information on how to reach Severa Ochoa......I dare not get lost!!!

6. Re: Easily Accessed Parking Lots in Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 05:16