We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phoning for Alhambra tickets from outside of Spain

Granada, Spain
Destination Expert
for Granada
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Phoning for Alhambra tickets from outside of Spain

Lots of people prefer phoning to buy Alhambra tickets rather than using the website.

The numbers advertised on all the official site do not work.

902 numbers don't work form outside of Spain.

So this one does not work 902 888 001

I have just phoned them up to ask which number to use from abroad and they say

958 926 031

This does not work (at least through skype)

The number that appears on most official sites is this one.

934 923 750

This does not work either.

I am on the case to let them know that their phone numbers do not work.

It would be interesting to know if it is possible to phone

+34 958926031 from abroad using a regular phone.

Maybe it is not working because I am using skype

Special Offer
Granada Day Trip from Seville with...
598 reviews
from US$144.20*
US$180.30
Alhambra, Generalife Gardens...
1,495 reviews
from US$73.90*
Priority Access to Alhambra and...
144 reviews
from US$49.00*
Alhambra and Generalife Small-Group...
188 reviews
from US$46.10*
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,578 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phoning for Alhambra tickets from outside of Spain

Steven...Maybe all the data is incorrect or out of date.

Perhaps the web site advising that you can collect tickets using the La Caixa ATM could be amended because next week this has been cancelled.

The official web site states today:

The tickets bought in internet or by telephone can be picked up in the automatic machines of “La Caixa” using the credit card used for booking the tickets except the discount tariffs (with the exception of those under 12 years old).

And the Trip Advisor page on buying tickets could also be reviewed ??? bCould you look at this especially Item 21 and 28 maybe others ?

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187441-c77529/Granad…

Granada, Spain
Destination Expert
for Granada
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phoning for Alhambra tickets from outside of Spain

Do you mean to say that the yellow machines will not be used anymore?

What will be the procedure then?

Just print out your own ticket?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,578 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phoning for Alhambra tickets from outside of Spain

Yes no more yellow machines and says it ceases from 15th January. Better to look at Ticketmaster web or ask the Alhambra people ! I think Ticketmaster will be teaming up with different outlets FNAC, Carrefour and HalconViajes for tickets. But have not had time to investigate this. Better to wait until there is some more news I guess.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,733 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phoning for Alhambra tickets from outside of Spain

The new outlets have not been announced yet. I think it would be better if Ticketmaster had the bar codes on the tickets you can print out after buying them online.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phoning for Alhambra tickets from outside of Spain

I've tried to buy tickets using Ticketmaster Spain and I get an error every time I try and pay for the tickets. Anyone having similar problems, or even better, anyone got the site to work? I have tried and my partner has tried, we have tried using 4 browsers: Firefox, Explorer, Chrome and Opera, 2 different credit cards and at home as well as at both our workplaces. I figure it is Ticketmaster Spain which is the problem.

Thanks

Edited: 08 January 2014, 04:32
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phoning for Alhambra tickets from outside of Spain

DavidStr:

Same here! It appears that the website doesn't accept credit cards from AU. Not sure it's a block from which end. Been trying to call them to see if there is a way to fix the problem but no numbers have been working so far.... Now I fully understand why they r having such bad economy....

Edited: 05 May 2014, 15:45
manchester
Level Contributor
411 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phoning for Alhambra tickets from outside of Spain

Hi everyone

Just wondering if Ticketmaster have announced any new pick up points for pre paid online Alhambra tickets since ending the arrangement with service Caixa ATM's. Cadiz_lover had some ideas about possible outlets they might use but has anything been put into place do we know? I do think that they could update their information on the website a bit more often!

If I spoke spanish I would ring myself and ask but I suspect that I would not get a clear answer and probably wouldn't understand it if I did!- that's assuming I could get through on the phone.

As I understand it at present, the options to pick up pre paid non discounted tickets are to either pick up at the Alhambra shop in down town Granada, or at the Alhambra ticket office itself.!

Does anyone on the ground over there or anyone who has just visited know any different?

Cheers Viola

Estepona, Spain
Level Contributor
578 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phoning for Alhambra tickets from outside of Spain

See Molly Piccavey website (under the Archive Tab) below for more information.

http://www.piccavey.com/granada-spain-basics/

Cheers

Nigel

manchester
Level Contributor
411 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Phoning for Alhambra tickets from outside of Spain

Thank you Nigel- but I already know this. What I was asking was whether anyone had any news on the possibility that new outlets for picking up tickets had been announced. Some months ago Cadiz-lover wondered if that might happen.

Thank you anyway.

Viola

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,578 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Phoning for Alhambra tickets from outside of Spain

The information can be confusing in many respects and especially given out on these Forums or web sites that are perhaps out of date. The normal way to collect tickets is either at the main entrance (and this is necessary if holding a discounted or fee ticket anyway) or at the downtown Alhambra shop.

Even the Ticketmaster web site is confusing and they are the people who have the franchise to sell Alhambra tickets on line. In response to the question :

"Is it possible to collect Alhambra tickets at La Caixa ATMs?"

The answer states:

This collect option is not available. You can check the new collect options at the outlet’s section in the main menu of our web

Now his appears to state that you will be able to collect your tickets at ServiCaixa terminals in Andalucia. Note not at all ATMs in Spain operated by La Caixa bank.

So it is possible that Alhambra and Ticketmaster and La Caixa have struck a deal allowing collection within Andalucia only.

The only way to find out is to see if it works?