We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trouble buying Renfe Tickets- Granada to Ronda

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
166 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Trouble buying Renfe Tickets- Granada to Ronda

I am trying to purchase train tickets for Wednesday June 18, 2014 in advance on the internet. The Renfe site's timetables show train # 13076MD departing Granada at 17:00 and arriving Ronda at 19:39. But it won't advance me to a page on which I can purchase tickets. I thought that tickets might not be available this far in advance, but the loco2.com site tells me they should be released by now. (That site can't process tickets for this train either.) I've also tried a "mock purchase" on the Renfe site for a week from today, and can't buy tickets, so the advance time doesn't seem to be the issue. I've also successfully purchased other Renfe tickets for June 16th trips from Sevilla to Cordoba and Cordoba to Granada, so it's not an issue with my browser's connection to Renfe. Any advice? Is there an english speaking telephone information number at Renfe?

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trouble buying Renfe Tickets- Granada to Ronda

You are far too early to make a purchase for June. Try again when you are 62 odd days away and monitor on a daily basis if not available until available.

Did you see the guide in Top Questions >>>>>> ?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,929 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trouble buying Renfe Tickets- Granada to Ronda

The long distance trains like Madrid to Granada via Cordoba are usually available well before the Media Distancia trains on the Renfe web. This is not a very busy route so try again a month before travel?

Boston
Level Contributor
166 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trouble buying Renfe Tickets- Granada to Ronda

Yes, I've read the guide for buying Renfe tickets and successfully bought them for other legs of my June trip. 62 day advance period for MD trains doesn't explain why I can't purchase this route for NEXT WEEK when I try that as an experiment. Hmmm. Maybe Renfe doesn't sell MD tickets via their web site at all? Perhaps I'll have to buy them through a travel agent. Anyone else with any ideas? Thanks.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,929 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trouble buying Renfe Tickets- Granada to Ronda

I can purchase tickets for next week and up to early May in UK for that train. Just try again. Perhaps clear your browser. Or leave it a month or more. As I say this route is not heavily subscribed for a Wednesday in June.

If you give up on RENFE use https://loco2.com

Or just wait until later. There are no discounted fares for this route so booking in advance is not essential to bag bargains !

Edited: 09 March 2014, 21:41
Boston
Level Contributor
166 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trouble buying Renfe Tickets- Granada to Ronda

Thanks CadizLover. Interesting that you can do it. And good to know that I'm not risking a sold-out train nor big internet savings. I'll try again as we get closer to the date, and if it doesn't work on line, I'll just buy them in person through the window as we arrive in Granada.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
92 posts
581 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trouble buying Renfe Tickets- Granada to Ronda

If you have trouble with the renfe site, you may try a travel agent e.g. www.logitravel.com

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,929 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trouble buying Renfe Tickets- Granada to Ronda

That would be the last place I would go for a ticket on RENFE frankly.

Boston
Level Contributor
166 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trouble buying Renfe Tickets- Granada to Ronda

I've re-booted and now I CAN purchase tickets on that evening train from Granada to Ronda, but only within a 60 day lead time. So CadizLover is correct (and correct that there's only be one fare level offered)! I'll just wait until I'm 60 days away from my travel day, and buy then. Thanks for all your help. I am soooo looking forward to our trip to Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Ronda, and Nerja that I guess I was jumping the gun.

9. Re: Trouble buying Renfe Tickets- Granada to Ronda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 05:17