We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which company for guided tour of Alhambra?

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
stillwater
Level Contributor
152 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Which company for guided tour of Alhambra?

Well, I waited too long and tickets for the Alhambra are sold out for the dates we will be in Granada (April 17 and 18). Yes, I know it's Holy Week and I should have made the reservations long ago. So now our only option is to book a guided tour (we are a group of 6). I am looking at these two companies: Cicerone and GranaVision. Does anyone have a recommendation?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,676 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which company for guided tour of Alhambra?

Would go with the first company that can offer you what you want. This web site has existed for many years and I believe is reliable.

www.guiasgranada.com/eng/index.asp…

ypu could email them directly if you want

visitas@guiasgranada.com

If your hotel is willing they may be able to arrange the tickets.

The cheapest method is for one of your group - the early riser - pre breakfast - work out guy or gal - to head up to the Alhambra main entrance as early as possible preferably before 7am and better still 6.30 and just queue for tickets. This is what many of the tour people have to do. Send a runner or runners to buy the maximum quantity of tickets per person being 10. I have not done this (yet) but on a summer's morning it could be a nice experience for the early riser not sure about mid April as it does not get light until after 7.30 so it's a bit of a chore. If you have a healthy fit walker in your party who could walk up Cuesta de Gomerez from Plaza Nueva and onwards and upwards it should not take more than 30 minutes. There are street lamps all the way. Or taxi, depending on where you stay. Ticket window opens I believe at 8am and after return for a lazy breakfast and hope you can get tickets for the afternoon ? Just a thought becasue the Alhambra do not sell all the tickets using Ticketmaster and a large number are available on the day. But it is a case of the early bird catching ...

stillwater
Level Contributor
152 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which company for guided tour of Alhambra?

Thank you so much for your reply. I had read about the option of going very early to get tickets. Not sure which option I'll choose, but I do appreciate the information.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,473 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which company for guided tour of Alhambra?

Heres a cheat (i think) buying the Granada City Pass lets you choose the day you want and entry to Nasrid Palace and the Alhambra, plus other perks on public transport and entry to other sites for 34€ valid for 3 or 5 days. You nominate which day you want Alhambra entry and time for N Palace. Even when individual day tickets are sold out.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which company for guided tour of Alhambra?

i know this may not be everybody's cup of tea, but i spend some time doing my own research and made some note etc before visiting Alhambra.

i found the whole experience deeply rewarding and fulfilling, but appreciate that not everyone may have the time to devote to undertaking research

Edited: 19 March 2014, 22:03
5. Re: Which company for guided tour of Alhambra?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 04:27