We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Alhambra tickets online from Australia

Clare, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Buying Alhambra tickets online from Australia

I am having the most difficult time trying to buy tickets online. An "unexpected error" message keeps popping up which tells me to try again. If any Australians have any tips to share, I would be most grateful. Planning to visit 12 June & I'm trying to do the right thing by booking early.

75 replies to this topic
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
67,880 posts
3,765 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Alhambra tickets online from Australia

atomcat:

Try buying at different times. The website may be undergoing maintenance.

Clare, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Alhambra tickets online from Australia

Thanx BennyMalaga...I've been trying since 10:30 am (my time) at hourly intervals & still no luck. I am mightily envious of folk who don't experience problems! BTW, your instructions to purchase Renfe tickets online was invaluable. :-)

Estepona, Spain
Level Contributor
623 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying Alhambra tickets online from Australia

Hi there

What Credit Cards does Ticketmaster Accept for Payment other than Visa & Mastercard. Surely they could include Paypal in the available payment area. This would solve the Australian Problem and any other countries whose Credit Card Companies block foreign purchases for some reason or other.

Clare, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying Alhambra tickets online from Australia

Nigel

I have a Visa card as well as a MasterCard...BOTH supposedly accepted by the Ticketmaster website AND supposedly usable for worldwide purchasing...GO FIGURE!!!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
22,925 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying Alhambra tickets online from Australia

Perhaps if you can register on the Ticketmaster Spanish site it may help.

ticketmaster.es/nav/…index.html

Ticketmaster Spain say that :

At the moment of the payment, our system connects directly with Visa España, the entity which at the same time makes contact with the entity issuing the card so that the operation is validated.

So the connection with Visa España appears to be where the system fails between you in Australia and to Spain.

There is clearly a level of security or suchlike which fails to correctly complete the transaction. Possibly due to some glitch which Tickemaster in Spain may not have any idea how to handle it. Only Visa people can deal with this problem.

That's my take on it.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Clare, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying Alhambra tickets online from Australia

Mmmm...just joined...SAME error message! Fail!

Clare, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying Alhambra tickets online from Australia

Just found 5 pages of comments on TA from Australians with mixed success in purchasing online tickets for the Alhambra. Makes the Renfe site seem like a doddle! I am one of the unlucky ones whose Visa & MasterCard aren't accepted. Might have to go the way of the Bono card. Have seen some amazing Islamic architecture in Iran & Uzbekistan...I just hope this is going to be worth it.

Mentioned in this post
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
34,624 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Granada, Spain
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Buying Alhambra tickets online from Australia

Hi

I had same problem - it's v frustrating

Have now made it to Granada and purchased Alhambra ticket. ( great place to visit)

Was told with shrug of shoulders that ticketmaster will not recognise Australian credit cards!

Maybe you can make purchase through your hotel

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
34,624 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Granada, Spain
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Buying Alhambra tickets online from Australia

Hi

I had same problem - it's v frustrating

Have now made it to Granada and purchased Alhambra ticket. ( great place to visit)

Was told with shrug of shoulders that ticketmaster will not recognise Australian credit cards!

Maybe you can make purchase through your hotel

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
34,624 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buying Alhambra tickets online from Australia

We experienced the same problem with both Visa and Mastercard. Our hotel, Santa Isabel La Real, has kindly offered to buy tickets for us.

Mentioned in this post
Santa Isabel la Real
Santa Isabel la Real
1,034 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Reply to: Buying Alhambra tickets online from Australia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted