We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alhambra ticket questions

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Topic
Alhambra ticket questions

Ive just bought my alhambra tickets, when I was inputting my details into ticketmaster.es I put name and surname and left 'middle name' blank, but the site said I needed to input a second name, so I put my surname in the 'middle name' box, hope this is ok its the only way it would let me progress.

I saw the below messages and have some questions.

'Autorization for ticket collection: it is essential an ID photocopy and a letter with the name, Identitty Card Number and card holder (5 last digits), name and ID of the authorised person and tickets references'

Is this necessary, I was under the impression you can collect tickets from machines.

'We recommend you withdraw the tickets sufficiently in advance in order to reach the Alhambra at least one hour before the entry time to the Nasrid Palaces.'

Im planning to do nasrid palaces first entering through the justice gate, so I still need to get there an hour before?

Also, where in the centre of granada can I collect the tickets aside from a cashpoint?

Many thanks everyone!

Estepona, Spain
Level Contributor
557 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alhambra ticket questions

Point 1. Autorization for ticket collection: is only for Tourists who have bought their tickets on somebody else's Credit Card and who will not be travelling to Granada. Therefore Credit Card not in their possession.

Point 2. See this most informative website updated this year in January for collection of your Alhambra Tickets. http://granadainfo.com/english.htm . Scroll down the website for list of Topics.

Point 3. It is advisable to be outside the Nasrid Palaces 30-45 Minutes before your Timed Entrance. There may be queues to get in.

Good Luck

Nigel

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Alhambra ticket questions

Thanks, I knew to be at the nasrid palaces about ten minutes before my entry time but I didnt realise I had to be there up to 45 minutes before, I might have gone for 10.30 entry instead of 10am otherwise!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,094 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alhambra ticket questions

IMO you only need to be at Nasrid entry about 15 mins before your slottime; lots of people will be around that area and the queue seems to form about 20 mins or so before entry time. As some people arrive much too early, just make sure the queue you join is for your slottime and not the subsequent one.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,522 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alhambra ticket questions

KWUK is correct. Also on the point of collecting tickets - you can do this assuming you have a normal full price (i.e. not one of the discounted ones) at the Alhambra bookshop where you find a ticket machine. You can insert the card you used to buy and out will come tickets. The staff can also help you with guides/maps. This downtown bookshop is on the street leading up to Plaza Nueva from end of Gran Via. Address is : 40 Calle Reyes Católicos. it's on the right hand side approaching Plaza Nueva.

If you want to enter through the Justice Gate then from Plaza Nueva walk up the steepish Cuesta de Gomerez street and through the Pomegranate Gate and the park following the wall. Then you will reach the Justice Gate which was the main entrance to the Alhambra Complex. After passing into the complex you can then walk over to the terrace area and see the Alcazaba fort on left and Nasrid Palaces entrance in far side.

Don't miss also the Partal Gardens before Generalife !

The official web site for the Alhambra is worth looking at

http://www.alhambra-patronato.es

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Alhambra ticket questions

Thanks, I thought I had read somewhere about the alhambra bookshop but wasnt sure!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,719 posts
3,654 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alhambra ticket questions

peter:

I was just at the Alhambra a few days ago. There is now a separate entrance to the Nazari Palace for individuals and another one for groups. The entrance for individuals is closer to the Carlos V Palace. Look for the sign. The entrance for groups is close to the Alcazaba.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,522 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alhambra ticket questions

Benny. Is that queue system now changed again ? When I went last (3 years back) there was the group line running alongside the Carlos V palace building and the individual ticket holders formed up in the space next to the terrace overlooking the Albaicin. Has this all changed and will it confuse returning people like me again ? I hope that the Alhambra people have clear signs to show the correct way !

8. Re: Alhambra ticket questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 05:16