We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May 9th, 2 tickets for Alhambra that I can not use

Vienna, Austria
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
May 9th, 2 tickets for Alhambra that I can not use

Hi all,

i am not sure if this could work for anyone, but i purchased 2 tickets for Alhambra for May 9th (afternoon) and our whole travel is now cancelled. If anyone thinks that can use these, i would send my confirmation (unless if the credit card used for the booking is a must for the ticket printing)

Special Offer
Granada Day Trip from Seville with...
598 reviews
from US$144.10*
US$180.20
Alhambra, Generalife Gardens...
1,495 reviews
from US$73.80*
Priority Access to Alhambra and...
144 reviews
from US$49.00*
Alhambra and Generalife Small-Group...
188 reviews
from US$46.00*
manchester
Level Contributor
411 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May 9th, 2 tickets for Alhambra that I can not use

This is a lovely offer but unfortunately I think the credit card that was used to purchase the tickets online has to be inserted into the machine which issues the tickets ( either at the Alhambra bookshop or at the Alhambra itself).

It's a shame that the Alhambra is so inflexible about tickets and their collection, someone could have made good use of them.!

Viola

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
10,358 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: May 9th, 2 tickets for Alhambra that I can not use

If you don't have the credit card (my bank replaced mine for a faulty chip and cut up the old one) you can go to the Alhambra collection office with your passport (or, I believe, other official ID) and reference number and the ticket will pop out without any difficulty. However, that would still stop anyone taking up your kind offer as the name on the passport wouldn't match.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
161 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May 9th, 2 tickets for Alhambra that I can not use

that is really so considerate of you. its a shame that refunds are not offered

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,604 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: May 9th, 2 tickets for Alhambra that I can not use

Best to look at the Ticketmaster.es booking page describing how to collect tickets if not using a card in the machine:

QUOTE Autorization for ticket collection: it is essential an ID photocopy and a letter with the name, Identity Card Number and card holder (5 last digits), name and ID of the authorised person and tickets references.UNQUOTE

So if you have this authorization and go to the main ticket collection window then you may receive your tickets.

And what a kind offer. Good luck ! Hope Nevena D will get another opportunity to visit Granada.

manchester
Level Contributor
411 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: May 9th, 2 tickets for Alhambra that I can not use

Yes I agree Cadiz_lover that it might be possible if Nevena D was to give the recipient of the tickets copies of all his card details and ID. I'm not sure however, that in this day and age, that that is a good idea - shame but there it is!

It is as we have all said an incredibly kind offer though. It is to be hoped that Nevena D manages to visit soon.

Viola

Edited: 27 April 2014, 07:12
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,604 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: May 9th, 2 tickets for Alhambra that I can not use

viola

The instructions on the Tickemaster web site are a little tricky to understand but it does state that only the last 5 numbers of the card used to make the booking is required.

That leaves 11 other random numbers ! I don't think it poses a security risk.

Vienna, Austria
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: May 9th, 2 tickets for Alhambra that I can not use

Yes, unfortunately nobody did message me, so the tickets just expired anyway

In this case my good preparation (buying non refundable tickets) was not the best thing to do. But i am sure next time I will do the same :)

best to all

8. Re: May 9th, 2 tickets for Alhambra that I can not use

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 05:16