We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plaza de pescadores , for locals or tourist trap ?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Plaza de pescadores , for locals or tourist trap ?

I've been doing a wee bit research ahead of our trip to Granada and the reviews of Oliver etc in this area look good . Is this area a place where locals go , any other recommendations apart from Oliver , or is it a tourist trap ? Like the idea of atmosphere , food and drink with Granada residents , a bit (limited ) chat without feeling we are just another couple of tourist bums on seats .

Granada, Spain
Destination Expert
for Granada
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plaza de pescadores , for locals or tourist trap ?

The Oliver restaurant is a bit of a tourist trap but the tapas bar at Olivers is always full of locals.

The restaurant at Olivers is downstairs in a sort of cave and is not very pleasant.

Pop down there yourself and see what you think.

A good place I used to go years ago is the Cepillo

They do good menu del dia for a good price and you can sit in the street which is better than Olivers

Info here.

http://granadamap.com/cepillo/index.htm

If you want to go a little upmarket the Cunini restaurant is very good.

They also have an outside teraza.

One of the rip off things you get in the restaurants around there is giving prices without IVA.

Look for IVA incluido on the price boards.

Why would anyone put prices without IVA when you always have to pay it???

I have heard so may bad stories about eating in Bib Rambla that maybe it is best to avoid.

(Bib Rambla is just around the corner)

So my conclusion:

Go to Cepillo if you want to spend less and have a nice time.

Go to Cunini if you want a obsequious waiter with a dicky bow and more expensive food.

I like the vegetables stalls at the start of the street that are open until 2pm.

If you are lucky/unlucky you may find a gyspsy woman selling snails out of a bucket.

Somerville...
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plaza de pescadores , for locals or tourist trap ?

I just had dinner at Oliver there tonight, and I have to say it's some of the best food I've had. Yes, the place is set up to look like a tourist trap, and probably is, but if Oliver is anything to go by, the food is superb!

-Aamir

3. Re: Plaza de pescadores , for locals or tourist trap ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 07:16