We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Granada in August

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Granada in August

Hello,

i have been to Granada before but have been there in early July. this time i'm going in mid August and i was wondering if anyone can tell me, comparatively, how busy is Granada in August than in July.

Just wanted to find out to help with my planning etc

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,175 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Granada in August

i would say more or less the same as in july.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
66,243 posts
3,764 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Granada in August

Mo M:

Just get a hotel with air conditioning because it will still be hot in August.

Edited: 28 July 2014, 05:44
Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
320 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Granada in August

I would say that it's a bit less busy in August. Probably a similar number of tourists, so no great difference in terms of booking hotels, but fewer local people, because it's peak holiday season. This can make the city feel relatively empty. It bears repeating that July/August are not particularly high season for Granada - tourist arrivals are spread out fairly evenly throughout the year, with peaks for particular weekends/weeks and public holidays, rather than for whole months.

Granada, Spain
Destination Expert
for Granada
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Granada in August

Years ago in August you could have closed your eyes and walked the full length of Gran Via with no danger of getting knocked down because everyone had gone to the coast.

It is still quite quiet.

Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
347 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Granada in August

I live in Granada all year round.

In the month of August most locals go from the city to 2nd homes on the coast or inland.

The city is quieter than the rest of the year.

If you have an air conditioned hotel (and/or pool) it is a good time to visit as there won´t be crowds of people in the tapas bars : )

6. Re: Granada in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 05:15