We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lively evening in Granada

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lively evening in Granada

Hello

I'm in Granada for one night (Thursday 18 September) with 2 friends (we're all aged mid 20s) and I'm hoping that someone might point us in the right direction for a lively night out. We've booked our Alhambra tickets for during the day, and we hope to go back to our hotel (La Casa de la Trinidad, beside the Cathedral), freshen up, and do a "tapas crawl" of sorts, visiting the liveliest tapas bars in the town, before hopefully ending up in a nightclub or a late bar.

I was in Granada once before, about 5 years ago, and the nightlife was fantastic, but it was in October and the university was in term. I don't think the academic year starts in Granada Uni until the following week, so I am a little concerned that it will be quiet and not as bustling as it was when I first visited.

Could someone please recommend a good street or streets to go for an atmospheric, lively night out? And some good tapas bars/restaurants and late bars/nightclubs?

Thank you kindly.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,771 posts
3,570 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lively evening in Granada

dowlinator:

Go to Plaza de Bib-Rambla beside the Cathedral, where there are many restaurants.

Boston
Level Contributor
166 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lively evening in Granada

Two choices near your hotel for tapas streets: Calle Navas off Plaza del Carmen is lively but the tapas is said to be of lower quality (it's sort of a tourist trap) or Calle Almireceros in the Albaicin district. We enjoyed Bodegas Castaneda (Calle Almireceros 3) so much we went back the next night. Nearby Cuesta de la Calderia is lined with Arab tea and hookah houses that you might find fun after dinner. Benny's suggestion of Plaza Bib-Rambla is good too. There are a series of linked plazas, from Bib-Rambla clockwise around the SW of the cathedral that are loaded with bars and restaurants.

Dublin
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lively evening in Granada

Thank you both for your suggestions. I will check them all out when I am there.

Badajoz, Spain
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lively evening in Granada

I just went there with a bunch of friends who are your age and had a great time out. I recommend Pub Wall Street after tapas where the prices change every 5 minutes. It has a cool vibe. Mae West is a really cool club that has a western theme. Its massive and all my Spanish friends love to go there. I bet people will be going out that week, because most will be moved in to get ready for school.

Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
587 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lively evening in Granada

Hi

Don´t worry. In Granada always is lively Day an night.

if you tell me what ambient do you prefer y will recomend places.

Your hotel its between plaza de la Trinidad and plaza Romanilla, with fantastic places for tapas, like Reca in plaza Trinidad or Basilisco or el Deseo in plaza Romanilla.

For the first coctel of the night i recomend you "Escudo 11" in calle Escudo del carmen, behind town hall.

After for dancing "El Granero" or some pubs in calle S. Matias. Also ganivet 13 in Calle Ganivet, with a lot of cool bars and people very posh, "Tinta Fina" "Pinot noir" "la Platea", etc

Granada, Spain
Destination Expert
for Granada
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lively evening in Granada

If you have the energy the archetype disco clubbing location in Granada is Mae West.

http://granadamap.com/mae_west/

7. Re: Lively evening in Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 05:16