We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time to decide...Parraga Siete or Monjas del Carmen

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Time to decide...Parraga Siete or Monjas del Carmen

Hi Folks

Both of these hotes appeal but can't decide which one. They tick all the right boxes - clean, wifi and central and/or close to the centre. If anyone knows these two hotels which one would you recommend please?

Vincci Albayzin & Room Mate Leo were also at the top of my list but have ruled them out (for now) because of distance and cost respectively.

Edited: 12 August 2014, 18:36
Perth Hills...
Level Contributor
209 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time to decide...Parraga Siete or Monjas del Carmen

We stayed at the Parriagia Siete last year and returning this year loved it Clean trendy and 5 min walk through the the back alleys to the Cathedral and bars/restaurants

Please be aware no tea/coffee making facilities in room

Granada, Spain
Destination Expert
for Granada
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time to decide...Parraga Siete or Monjas del Carmen

Both are good just toss a coin.

Granada, Spain
Destination Expert
for Granada
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time to decide...Parraga Siete or Monjas del Carmen

This just write all the choices into the table and it will then spin a wheel.

http://wheeldecide.com/#wrapper2

There are probably about 80 hotels in Granada which are

clean, wifi and central and/or close to the centre

Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
587 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time to decide...Parraga Siete or Monjas del Carmen

Hi

Both are good choices but Monjas del Carmen can be noise if they put you in a room facing restaurant.

Párraga siete is good litle hotel and Room mate Leo too.

London, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Time to decide...Parraga Siete or Monjas del Carmen

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Thanks also to sheilPerth for the heads up on tea & coffe & VIAJEROGRX about Monjas restaurant noise

It's good to know they are both good choices.

One more question if you pass through and have time to answer please. It looks like Monjas is literally on the doorstep to the centre of the city - Plaza Neuva, Calle Elvira, Gran Via etc. This is the main appeal for Monjas for me (barring the restaurant noise of course :), particulary in the evening, where I like to be in an area with a bit of a buzz. Is the immediate area around Parraga pretty much the same/busier/quiter? These things are difficult to tell.

I was going to stay neaer to the Alhambra but from everything I've read it would be too quite for me in the evenings.

Thanks again

Edited: 16 August 2014, 15:33
London, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Time to decide...Parraga Siete or Monjas del Carmen

As a reminder here's a google map of the locations with A)Plaza Nueva B)Monjas and C)Parraga

Hopefully copying and pasting the link into your browser will work:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Plaza+Nueva&daddr=Monjas+Del+Carmen,+Granada,+Spain+to:Hotel+P%C3%A1rraga+Siete,+Granada,+Spain&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sll=37.175329,-3.596756&sspn=0.007027,0.017316&geocode=FZhFNwIdNiHJ_w%3BFelCNwIdjh_J_yHNmb0updgCmylrQO3UuPxxDTHNmb0updgCmw%3BFeg6NwIdsQzJ_yEwrWTjlWxeUymH79sIvvxxDTEwrWTjlWxeUw&oq=parraga+siete&dirflg=w&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=16&t=m&z=16

Edited: 16 August 2014, 15:41
London, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Time to decide...Parraga Siete or Monjas del Carmen

Okay all. I did a bit more research and Monjas seems to be closer to the nightlife. Although I'd probably rather stay at Parraga Siete (exceptional value for money, uber-clean, rooms with character) I think I'll probably go for Monjas because of its location. Wifi doesn't seem to be that great at either hotel unfortunately.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 09:43
London, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Time to decide...Parraga Siete or Monjas del Carmen

HI

Just a quick thank you for helping me to decide where to stay on my recent trip to Granada. I chose Monjas in the end and it fit the bill perfectly!

I had read about the noise in the reviews for Monjas as well. VIAJEROGRX post confirmed this so when I arrived I asked for a room at the front (on the opposite side to the restaurant), as high up as possible and where wi-fi isn't a huge problem. I was given a room on the third floor at the front with brilliant wi-fi. I was told I was lucky as it was very busy.

From time to time it was noisy but most of the time it was relatively quiet. tbh I was in the centre of the city so didn't mind. If you're a light sleeper or city noise bugs you then perhaps better to stay elsewhere.

While I was in Granada I went to Parraga Siete and Room Mate Leo to view rooms. Both of the hotels have really stylish rooms. (Monjas rooms were larger but very vanilla.) The rooms at Siete were tiny but so so so clean and with a great TV (standalone as well so you can use the USB port to view movies/pics).

In the end, although I would happily stay at Parraga Siete and Leo, I'm glad I chose Monjas. Thanks again for your help.

9. Re: Time to decide...Parraga Siete or Monjas del Carmen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2015, 05:16