We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alhambra at night

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Alhambra at night

Does a Bono turistico pass give entry to Alhambra at night?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
33,708 Reviews
Granada, Spain
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
22,298 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alhambra at night

My idea is that when the visitors to the day time sessions both morning and afternoon became too numerous then the administrators decided to offer new evening times to accommodate those who could not buy the normal general day ticket. So a sort of overflow to satisfy the demand. An evening visit to either the the Nasrid Palaces or the Generalife was devised at a lower cost than the regular day price. Whether the Bono Pass gives the holder the right to go in the evening in place of a daytime visit is unknown to me and you may need to ask the tourism people and issuers of this pass. Unless you are going at a very busy tourist season time it would be highly likely that you can buy an evening ticket in Granada. My opinion.

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alhambra at night

Thank you. This gives me another lead to follow up. We will be there in early September which I believe is quite busy. I've tried booking online with Ticket master but without success - possibly due to using incompatible browser or credit card! But will keep trying up until we actually depart Granada ....

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
22,298 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alhambra at night

Other people trying to book Ticketmaster from Oz have experienced problems. Connection between Oz bank and Visa Spain that Ticketmaster use seems terrible. Other visitors ask their hotel to organise tickets. Many help with this and frankly a daytime visit is best unless you have no time in Granada.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Granada
Granada
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,848 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alhambra at night

Daytime visit is the must-do; nightime visit is an interesting contrast but does not replace need for the daytime visit.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alhambra at night

Yes, we're hoping to do both.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alhambra at night

Thank you again. We did manage to get to the Nasrid palaces at night - quite spectacular! We were thrilled with both experiences - night and day equally yet very differently, despite the crowds. We gave up on trying for advance tickets and purchased them on site in the morning for that same evening. It is sometimes possible also to get tickets for the next day at the Alhambra book shop in central Granada.

Mentioned in this post
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
33,708 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Granada
Granada
7. Re: Alhambra at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2015, 07:15