We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Granada-Alhambra

Manati, Puerto Rico
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Granada-Alhambra

See it with a paid tour or by myself?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Granada-Alhambra

sheilafifa:

I prefer to go by myself because on tours they will not allow you to linger when you want to see something that interests you. The tours are rigid because they have to finish at a certain time.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187441-c77529/Granad…

Andalusia, Spain
Level Contributor
282 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Granada-Alhambra

In the Alhambra when you arrive you always have the option to get an Audioguide (headphone with information in several languages)

This is a good option even though it has an extra cost. It explains each part in detail and also leads you around the Alhambra complex with a numbers system. This way you ensure you don´t back track or miss anything out.

This is an interesting option as you can rush though parts that maybe less interesting or listen again to things you love. You can do the visit in your own time.

This information is for a first visit to Granada and the Alhambra and may help to: http://www.piccavey.com/granada-spain-basics/

Enjoy it!

Molly

Manati, Puerto Rico
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Granada-Alhambra

Thanks!

Manati, Puerto Rico
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Granada-Alhambra

Thanks!

Zagreb
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Granada-Alhambra

Hello!

Is it possible to visit Alhambra in one day?

I was thinking of taking a night train from Barcelona to Granada that arrives on 7:30 in the morning, leave my luggage at the train station, visit Alhambra and then take the evening train to Sevilla or Madrid. Is that manageable?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,238 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Granada-Alhambra

Molly

I love your picture of the main entrance at the Alhambra with no queue and a couple just strolling in to buy tickets. That must have been taken during winter on a very cold day with few tourists around !

Fuzzy

I don't think you have any left luggage at Granada train station as it is quite a modest station. Think there may be a private place opposite that has storage which could be worth looking at. But do not know what time it opens.

There is a left luggage place at the Alhambra main entrance though. You could head for the opening of the main entrance first and pre reserve your morning session entry ticket for the visit. You could walk or bus to other places and return to collect luggage later. An interesting walk from near the main entrance down to the river valley below is called Cuesta de los Chinos, Alhambra. Look it up and ypou find a Google map as well. Or leave the Alhambra via the Puerta de la Justicia and walk down to the Plaza Nueva for city centre.

You can manage.

7. Re: Granada-Alhambra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 05:16