We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Granada in a day

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Granada in a day

Hi all,

My wife and I are staying a week in a villa in Frigiliana starting on Saturday and are planning on driving to Granada next Monday as a bit of a day trip.

We're clearly not expecting to see everything, nor would we want to, but I'd love some best ideas for an interesting taster of what the city has to offer. We have the opportunity for Alhambra tickets at 9am which I'm guessing will take up our whole morning. We'd love to eat in some nice places ideally with good views and it would be great to catch some flamenco. But we'd very much welcome other or alternative suggestions.

As we're driving into Granada I'd also love to hear any tips re parking, etc.

Many thanks,

Scott.

Special Offer
Granada Day Trip from Seville with...
598 reviews
from US$144.10*
US$180.20
Alhambra, Generalife Gardens...
1,495 reviews
from US$73.80*
Priority Access to Alhambra and...
144 reviews
from US$49.00*
Alhambra and Generalife Small-Group...
188 reviews
from US$46.00*
Granada, Andalucía...
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Granada in a day

It is best to park in the Alhambra car park in this case. Just before you get to Granada follow the signs to the Alhambra on the Ronda Sur.

The C1 and C2 bus routes will take you everywhere if you don't want to walk.

http://granadainfo.com/alhambra/minibus.htm

The absolute must do is

Mirador de San Nicolas

The Restaurant with the best view in Granada is probably

La Huerta de Jan Rana.

David Cameron went there on his trip to Granada

It is in front of

Mirador de San Nicolas

Mirador de Aixa has good views.

If you are on a day trip most of the flamenco will be too late because it rarely starts before 9pm.

This walk would take you to some interesting places

http://granadainfo.com/dogranada/walk1.htm

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,604 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Granada in a day

Not sure if the Burro Blanco is still performing Flamenco in Nerja but this is worth looking into

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g315917-…

In Granada I understand that the tourist "train" which is also hop on hop off is good for many people who have limited time.

lovegranada.com/transport/…

It seems to only have one review on Trip Advisor and in French unless I have not found it elsewhere. It seems that it could be a useful way of saving the legs.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g187441-…

Granada, Andalucía...
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Granada in a day

There is even more info about the tourist train on the official page here.

http://granadainfo.com/alhambra/tren.htm

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Granada in a day

All this information is really helpful, Thank you both for your comments and suggestions.

I think we'll arrive early morning and park at the Alhambra so we can leave the car there all day. The tourist train looks a great way of getting about during the day, especially as it can get us back to the Alhambra quite late at night. We probably will stay pretty late so hopefully we can find some flamenco action too before the drive back to Frigiliana.

Thanks again.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,767 posts
3,727 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Granada in a day

Scott:

I recommend seeing the Cathedral. It is a beautiful church.

Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
344 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Granada in a day

I would skip Flamenco and see that in Malaga or somewhere else on your travels.

Just one day in Granada will be good to see some of the historic quarter and the Alhambra.

Keep in mind that taxis are inexpensive compared to other Spanish cities and as time will be precious, a taxi could help you to get from A to B quicker

Enjoy it!

molly

www.piccavey.com.

7. Re: Granada in a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2015, 05:16