We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alhambra en Nazrid palace

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gent
2 posts
Save Topic
Alhambra en Nazrid palace

Hello,

Because I will arrive in Granada by noon and leave the next day in the morning, I have booked my tickets for the Alhambra on the internet. Because in the booking proces they asked me for my time of visit, I made some calculations and gave up the time I would be able to make it to the Alhambra (14u30 in my case). After I confirmed the booking, a window opened up with the message that I needed to visit Nazrid Palace between 14u30 and 15u00 and that I should come well in advance. Does this mean that you should visit the rest of the Alhambra before 14u30, or can we still visit the Generalife, etc. after we have visited Nazrid palace? I my case, I will not be able to arrive much earlier than 14u30.

Thomas

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,217 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alhambra en Nazrid palace

The times for entry to the Nazrid Palaces are given to regulate visitors through the buildings and courtyards. You should enter within that half hour time slot. Your ticket can allow you to visit the rest of the complex including Generalife at any time during your entire afternoon.

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alhambra en Nazrid palace

You will need to get to the ticket office at least 1/2 hour before the time on your ticket, 14.00 in your case. Personally, I would try to get there for 13.30. There are often long queues at the ticket office & then you have to make your way to the palace, so give yourself plenty of time.

The time slot is to enter the Nasrid Palace, you can visit the rest of the Alhambra before or after you have been to the palace.

Granada
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Alhambra en Nazrid palace

Get to the Alhambra at 1.30 -

At 1.45 pm

Take a spin round the Alcazaba (the castle like bit)

Get into the queue for the Nasrid Places at 2.30.

After the palaces, come out and visit the Partal gardens then go up towards the Generalife.

The generalife normally takes 45-60 minutes.

There is some info about choosing when to visit the Alhambra on this page

infoaboutspain.com/idx/0/018/article/When-is…

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
368 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alhambra en Nazrid palace

I think this website explains it really well. Be very vigilent of your time as you dont want to miss getting in that section during your half hour window of time. You can always see the other 2 sections after the Nazarid palace section without any problems and at your leisure. You will love the Alhambra, enjoy!

www.vivagranada.com/alhambratickets.htm

Gent
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Alhambra en Nazrid palace

Thank you to everybody. You have all been a great help to me.

Thomas

6. Re: Alhambra en Nazrid palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 13:18