We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing in Huelva

Which Huelva hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Surfing in Huelva

Hola,

I'm spending next semester in Huelva. I'd like to know if there are possibilities to surf in Huelva? Are there surf schools where I can rent a board and wetsuit?

Thanks in advance, muchas gracias!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,803 posts
3,570 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing in Huelva

http://www.yumping.com/surf/huelva

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfing in Huelva

Thank you for your response, but I mean surfing possibilities close to Huelva city. This surfing spot/school is in Parque Nacional de Donaña, which is 50km east of Huelva city.

Huelva, Spain
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Surfing in Huelva

Hee,

I'm studying in Huelva right now and I saw a car with the following adress on it: http://www.paddlesurfhuelva.es but I don't know if you can rent a board and wetsuit.

There's a beach close to Huelva, Punta Umbria sometimes I see some guys surfing over there. And there's a guy that studies in Huelva but lives in Punta Umbria so he can surf al day!

I also heard that Isla Cristina and Isla Canela are great places to surf.

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Surfing in Huelva

Thank you!! I'm studying in Huelva too. I arrived here in february so by now i allready discovered the surfing possibilities in and around Huelva. Which aren't that great... I plan to go surfing in Sagres (Portugal) in a couple of weeks. More possibilities over there :)

Forte Dei Marmi...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Surfing in Huelva

so..there are possibilities to surf in Huelva?

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Surfing in Huelva

Only when there is a lot of wind. I could surf a couple of times, to practice beginner moves on the white waves. Huelva is along the Mediterean coast, which doesn't have a lot of swell. The Atlantcic, on the other hand, has a lot of swell. So if you want to go surfing you should go to Portugal.

Paddle surfing and kitesurfing is more popular in and around Huelva.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Surfing in Huelva

<<Huelva is along the Mediterean coast>>

It wasn´t last time I looked at a map!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,803 posts
3,570 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Surfing in Huelva

For big surf, go to Tarifa.

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Surfing in Huelva

Woops, BIG mistake!!

Either way, there's not much swell along the Southern coast. Go to Sagres or the West coast of Portugal if you want to surf.

10. Re: Surfing in Huelva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 07:16