We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Huelva to Cadiz

Which Huelva hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
123 posts
197 reviews
Save Topic
Huelva to Cadiz

We are staying in Huelva province near the national park. It looks like there should be a fast ferry from Matasclanas to Cadiz, but I can't find any info on any. Is driving the only way to get there and back on a day trip?

Thanks.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,167 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Huelva to Cadiz

Oh my. A`fast ferry from Matalascanas to Cadiz. Oh mamma mia. Wait thats Italian. Only way is a car.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
123 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Huelva to Cadiz

That's what I was afraid of. It looks like a short hop -- by boat. Would I be correct in thinking 3 hours by car -- or would it be longer?

Thanks.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,716 posts
3,568 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Huelva to Cadiz

thumper:

Google Maps says it takes 2 hours and 20 minutes.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,167 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Huelva to Cadiz

I have driven to Matalascanas via the ring road around Seville and used the Toll road AP-4 running from Seville down to Cadiz (Toll is now about Euros 7 payable at the Las Cabezas de San Juan barrier) and assuming you don't get caught up in any big jams then I believe Google time is pretty accurate. The Toll road is exceptionally good for driving as few people use it except maybe heading down to the beaches at weekends. You can easily cruise at 120 kph.

On Malagogo's point. I always use Google maps for estimating driving times and directions and am very happy with the results. OK sometimes they make errors as do all the auto generated mapping technologies but I could not do without it.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
123 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Huelva to Cadiz

It sounds like you know the area. We are at a timeshare in Matascalanas that we exchanged for. I have been to Grenada, Madrid, and Barcelona and plan a more relaxed trip this time. We are looking for nature & beach (which we will find at Matascalanas and Donana), culture, sherry, jamon, and any hidden gems anyone can suggest. We are willing to drive up to 4 hours -- an 8 hour round trip is a long day trip -- but we are also willing to stay overnight along the way if there is something of real merit we don't want to miss.

Thanks for any advice.

6. Re: Huelva to Cadiz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2014, 06:17