We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving around by public transport - Aracena and places

Which Huelva hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,217 posts
271 reviews
Save Topic
Moving around by public transport - Aracena and places

Have read a previous thread about getting from Seville to Aracena but I wonder if there is any more information. I would like to know more about the bus journey like how long and how much how often etc ! As well as moving around once you are at Aracena. Can you take local public transport or taxis or is this difficult and a car better ? Any help would be gratefully received as I try to use public transport whenever possible rather than a car.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,340 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving around by public transport - Aracena and places

I thought I had found some information here

siu.cthu.es/es/horarios_lineas.php…

but despite the fact that routes M204 and M209 are said to go to Aracena, the timetable displayed does not show it.

On the DAMAS wesbite any timetable search takes you to movelia.es which then helpfully informs you that the buses between Huelva and Aracena are operated by DAMAS and that no information is available.

But, on the DAMAS website http://www.damas-sa.es/ if you click on Horarios de Verano up will come a very basic list which indicates there is one bus a day between Aracena and Huelva, two a day between Aracena and Seville, one to Zufra and some to Nerva.

But this horribly unhelpful information contains no information about intermediate places that might be served or about any routes that might pass through Aracena on the way to somewhere else.

And I though the information available here in Portugal was poor.

Good luck.

2. Re: Moving around by public transport - Aracena and places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 06:18