We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seville Generalities

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Seville Generalities

Hi, my partner and I are leaving for seville on the 19th of August. I have one or two questions

1. Has anyone heard of or stayed in the Silken Ciggaral hotel there?

2. What day trips could one recommend for someone travelling without a car?

Thanks!

Bucharest
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seville Generalities

2. Day trip to Cordoba. Accessible by train, visit Mezquita, the Alcazar Gardens and the old city. More charming than Sevilla, at least in my opinion.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,739 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seville Generalities

The Cigarral looks like it is the Silken Hotel in Toledo.

The Silken Hotel in Seville is called Al Andalus. You can see details on the Silken web site and reviews here on Trip Advisor.

It will be very hot in August and even the evenings can feel very warm indeed. So plan your visit accordingly. The Silken Al Andalus has an outdoor garden and pool and is a comfortable hotel. You can reach the old parts of Seville by taking the No.34 bus or taxi. Walking may be difficult because of the heat as it may take 30 minutes or so.

Best day trip may be to head for the beach with suncream.

berkshire, england
Level Contributor
527 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seville Generalities

Hotel - as previous poster I have only heard of the Al-Andalus. I know that Silken have a good reputation as an "upmarket" hotel chain.

Day trips -

Would recommend Cadiz - although it is about a 2 hour train journey is a beautiful city & adds a seaside dimension to the holiday.

Also Italica, about 30 mins from Seville by local bus - Roman ruins.

I didn't like Cordoba as much as Seville - the tourists are all crammed into one area (Juderia) which felt much more touristy (and tacky) than Santa Cruz which is bigger & more "lived in". The Mezquita is beautiful. Might be better out of season (which August, in effect is, due to it being too hot).

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,243 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seville Generalities

You can take the bus to Carmona, a white town about 30km north of Seville. This town has not been spoiled by tourism yet. See the beautiful churches, boutique hotels and the parador.

5. Re: Seville Generalities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 21:19