We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Neighbourhood aroudn calle illustracion?

quebec
Level Contributor
286 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Neighbourhood aroudn calle illustracion?

We rented a gorgeous apartment on that street. It is 5 minutes from the train station but more important easy access with parking in and out of the city since we will have a car. Question is, is it walking to distance to the main sights or we will be cabbing everywhere. We are family that love to walk. Is it dangerous etc. We will be there around New Year's this year.

berkshire, england
Level Contributor
525 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Neighbourhood aroudn calle illustracion?

Are you sure you have the street name correct?

A search on google maps is showing what appears to be an industrial estate a long way out of town?

berkshire, england
Level Contributor
525 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Neighbourhood aroudn calle illustracion?

Do you have a Spanish zip code (probably 41xxx) which will help?

Sevilla
Level Contributor
908 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Neighbourhood aroudn calle illustracion?

I agree that the street name does not sound right. It is walkable to the centre (I guess you mean Santa Cruz) but will take a good 30 mins. It is safe to walk, no probs.

berkshire, england
Level Contributor
525 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Neighbourhood aroudn calle illustracion?

The street I found was way out past the outer ring road - Google Maps gave a walking time of 1 hour 20 minutes & 5.1 km to Santa Maria la Blanca which is probably where you'd first enter Santa Cruz.

I'm sure something is wrong here.

quebec
Level Contributor
286 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Neighbourhood aroudn calle illustracion?

oops, my sincere apologies, the street is called calle baltasar gracian, ,41007 seville. The street that I wrote was in madrid. Sorry once again.

berkshire, england
Level Contributor
525 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Neighbourhood aroudn calle illustracion?

OK - this street is very close to the station, and Google Maps is showing it as being about half an hour's walk from the edge of Santa Cruz - a little further to the Cathedral & shopping. There is easy access to the main roads out of Seville to the east.

I don't know the neighbourhood well, but remember that area as being lots of modern apartment blocks, if that sounds right.

I'm not aware of any particular problems in that area, but be aware that it is well off the tourist trail, so if there are any unsavoury characters hanging around, you may stick out a little more than you would in central Seville. I would imagine that if you take the usual precautions - avoiding any dark alleyways, keep moving, avoid looking like a tourist etc. you should be OK.

7. Re: Neighbourhood aroudn calle illustracion?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 08:22