We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Pueblos Blancos to visit between Ronda and Sevilla

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
Which Pueblos Blancos to visit between Ronda and Sevilla

Hello,

I will be traveling by car between Ronda and Sevilla and wondering what should I see on my way. I don't mind a small detour i it's worth it.

Thanks,

Port Townsend...
Level Contributor
326 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Pueblos Blancos to visit between Ronda and Sevilla

Many folks like Arcos de la Frontera and it is a nice introduction to the white villages but it is not a personal favorite. I like Zahara which is smaller and on a "typical mountainside" but nice for a quick stop. A bit different is Setenil de las Bodegas, built in a river canyon, nice too but not spectacular. Lastly is Grazalema which is my favorite - both for the town and the surrounding area (national park, mountain peaks, oak forests, rural country...) Zahara and/or Grazalema are both easy to access enroute to Ronda - just take a side road (which is nicely paved and fairly well marked with road signs) and you will not need to backtrack to the main highways (A-384 & A-374), I have not driven A-372 but would try it, El Bosque is reputed to be nice.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,270 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Pueblos Blancos to visit between Ronda and Sevilla

About 28 km north of Seville is the town of Carmona, a gem that is seldom visited by tourists.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Pueblos Blancos to visit between Ronda and Sevilla

Thank you guys for the recommendations

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Pueblos Blancos to visit between Ronda and Sevilla

I visited Grazalema and Zahara. Very nice and scenic Drive. Out of the two I preferred Grazalema.

If you want to continue on to Zahara from there, there are two routes. The more scenic one goes through mountain and is more scenic. The drive is worth it, with nice views, including a beautiful blue lake. Zahara itself is nice but not as picturesque as Grazalema.

If I had to this drive all over again, I would take the train from Granada to Ronda, spend the day in Ronda. Rent a car from Ronda for the day and tour the two. And the next day only take the train to Seville. Driving from Granada to Seville through Ronda was not really worth it.

johannesburg,southaf...
Level Contributor
665 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Pueblos Blancos to visit between Ronda and Sevilla

Hi there,

Really glad you got to visit Grazalema - it was our favourite of the "pueblos blancos" as well - and your point regarding the countryside also tallied with ours - very picturesque - we will never forget the view of Grazalema from the road (a spot with stone benches) - obviously someone else also must have thought this was a special spot.

We stayed in Ronda for one night - but in truth though the view of the gorge from then bridge was stupendous, wish we stayed at a charming hotel we just visited in Grazalema close to the square - really special. Best regards.

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
4,338 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Pueblos Blancos to visit between Ronda and Sevilla

We stayed in Grazalema for four nights two years ago and though it was wonderful. Definitely the best pueblos blancos in the area by far.

Sevilla
Level Contributor
942 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Pueblos Blancos to visit between Ronda and Sevilla

El Gastor is a pretty, small village also worth a visit.

n. ca
Level Contributor
162 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Pueblos Blancos to visit between Ronda and Sevilla

if you go to arcos...i would not suggest DRIVING into the main tourist area. the streets are tiny and parking is hard.

9. Re: Which Pueblos Blancos to visit between Ronda and Sevilla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2010, 05:16