We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Amadeus hotel

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
143 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Amadeus hotel

Arriving by plane - looking for airport transfer. Heard that there are no good bus connections, taxis are a rip off, and old quarter has no vehicle access. Now what? Any suggesitons? Was also planning to catch train one day for Cordoba trip. Any easy way from hotel to Train Station? Thanks for the input folks! Tripadvisor rocks!

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Amadeus hotel

LVTraveller,

Hombre! De dónde es su mala información? Quisiera discutir esto con ellos.

You have a negative stance and then you try to be pleasant!

All the information you need is available using the search box within the Spain forum.

Sevilla
Level Contributor
908 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Amadeus hotel

Has hecho bien WomBatt. ¿Porqué quiere ir a Sevilla éste con su mentalidad tan negativa?

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
143 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Amadeus hotel

If the other postings say such negative things, and I want clarification and guidance, why are you so negative? Maybe you proved the postings correct! If I am wrong, help me see the light - don't slam me! Muy tonto!

berkshire, england
Level Contributor
525 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Amadeus hotel

Some hotels do suffer from the problems you mention, but you seem to have got lucky by choosing one that has none of the above.

Depending on how much luggage you have, you can take a bus direct to Prado de San Sebastian bus station, which is a 10 minute walk through some pleasant gardens from your hotel.

Taxis can access the narrow streets on both sides of the alleyway in which your hotel is located. They are very highly regulated, have a set fare from the airport (about 20-25 euros, depending on the number of suitcases and time of day) and the drivers have always been very helpful - lifting suitcases, etc. I would personally go for that option.

For the station - a 20-25 minute walk, or there is almost certain to be a bus from Menendez Pelayo (check Google maps - 5 mins away). Someone else probably knows bus routes better than I.

As a aside, there are some very nice restaurants on Santa Maria la Blanca just round the corner from your hotel.

Sevilla
Level Contributor
908 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Amadeus hotel

LV .. people come onto this forum and give their time, advice and help free because they love this city. Your post is both negative and aggresive so no wonder you are going to upset people.

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
55 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Amadeus hotel

Please may I add my tuppence-worth.

Just back from a weekend in Seville with husband and two children, also stayed at the Amadeus.

Getting there couldn't have been easier - EA bus( 2 euros and a bit) from the airport to Av. El Cid (turn left when you come out of departures, timetable available onlne from tussam.

Get off at the end of the line, turn left, walk to roundabout( a few yards) turn left and cross the dual carriageway at the roundabout, turn right, walk along the lovely shaded gardens by the walls of the Jardines del Real Alcazar.

Walk until you run out of garden. In front of you is Modesto's restaurant and bar. Go down the alley between the two Modestos to c/ sta Maria la Blanca.

Turn left. Keep walking until you get to the Amadeus (look up - the sign is above your head, not on the front of the hotel and the entrance is up the calle farnesio). About 10 minutes, or half an hour if you stop for a cerveza on the way!

We can recommend the Bar Decana for breakfast - you will pass it on the way. It's popular, but they will put an extra table outside if they're full and you ask. Also recommend the ice cream and the horchata at Tomo II just past the hotel.

Que paseis buen tiempo alli!

Cheers

Angie

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
143 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to Amadeus hotel

thank you much littlerussell! 2 months to go. can't wait!

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
143 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to Amadeus hotel

Angie - thank you for actually giving me a straight answer. Much appreciated. I will follow your trek. To all those offended by my comments I meant no such insult and apologize. All I did was repeat what I had heard (on Tripadvisor about high prices and pickpockets) and asked for clarification. If it wasnt my first time I wouldnt ask! Please me more patient and less sensitive of those eager to visit and enjoy your city!

9. Re: Airport to Amadeus hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2010, 06:21