We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seville / Cordoba / Granada / Malaga

copper000
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Seville / Cordoba / Granada / Malaga

Hi -

We are flying into Seville from Barcelona next week, then flying out of Malaga 4 days later. What would be our best and most efficient itinerary for that area? We want to experience Cordoba and Granada, Ronda and the Pueblos Blancos area, and maybe a winery. We will have a car, but are wiling to travel by AVE. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

berkshire, england
Level Contributor
527 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seville / Cordoba / Granada / Malaga

I'm not sure if you mean you have four full days or three between flights. Either way, you will just be getting a very brief taste of each city and spending a lot of time travelling.

Day 1 - Seville with day trip to Cordoba by AVE.

Day 2 - Seville

Day 3 - Drive to Granada via Ronda & Pueblos Blancos.

Day 4 - Granada

If you fly out on Day 4, I can't see how it can be done and you would either need to miss Cordoba or Granada. Even with the above, you will only get a "taster" of each place and plenty of others will come along in a moment to tell you it's not enough.

If you intend to visit the Alhambra, make sure you book your ticket before you travel.

Sevilla
Level Contributor
929 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seville / Cordoba / Granada / Malaga

In my opinion you are trying to do much too much in a very short space of time. You will see tantilisingly and unsatisfactotily little of each place.

In your place I would concentrate on Seville whilst taking a day excursion to Córdoba on the AVE.

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seville / Cordoba / Granada / Malaga

copper000,

As trotamundos3. Seville and Cordoba only.

Unless you like to spend all your time in a car or travelling or are you simply wanting to tick off the sites?

Why do you want a car in these cities? It will be a burden.

Best wishes.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seville / Cordoba / Granada / Malaga

I agree it's not enough time. I would recommend to spend 2 nights in Seville (too bad because it really needs 3 nights minimum) and one night in Granada (deserves 2 nights). I would skip Cordoba and everywhere else. A car is a major hassle in Seville and Granada.

copper000
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Seville / Cordoba / Granada / Malaga

Thanks for the ideas folks.

My wife wants to see Alhambra, and I keep telling her it's too out of the way. Is it worth going there, or will she be just as satisfied with Alcazares in Seville?

My thought was to Stay in Seville for two nights and then ride through the White villages/Ronda for the day to Malaga for the night. On the 4th day we can take a ride up to see Alhambra and making stops around Lake Vinuela and then head back to Malaga for a 12pm flight the next day.

Of course if we can cut out Alhambra altogether, we can spend some more time around Ronda. I would much rather be eating lunch on the side of a mountain in a beautiful setting than running to make an appointment to walk around an old castle (again). I would surely appreciate it, but won't it be more of the same as in Seville?

Thanks again for your thoughts!

6. Re: Seville / Cordoba / Granada / Malaga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2010, 06:23