We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Location to Stay in Sevilla

Level Contributor
25 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Best Location to Stay in Sevilla

This is for betis1 and others who reside in Sevilla. We are a group of 12 friends who will be coming to Sevilla in February 2010. I would like to know what area you feel would be best to stay in Sevilla. Also any hotel recommendations that are near a bus route as some have mobility issues. I would like a four star hotel that has many amenities.

Thank you for your time.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Sevilla
Hotel Sevilla
410 Reviews
Seville, Spain
Tynemouth
Level Contributor
5,041 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Location to Stay in Sevilla

Do you want to stay in a touristy area or where the locals live? If the latter, have a look at the reviews on TA for La Casa del Conde de Gelves. I'm not suggesting you stay there as it's not a hotel, but we have booked for October after reading the excellent reviews about the location. I'm sure betis1 or somebody could suggest a hotel in this area.

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Location to Stay in Sevilla

The above suggestion is not that far from many things to see in the center, really. Still, I think if some of your group have mobility issues I would pick a place which is very centrally located to make things as easy as possible. This may mean sacrificing some of the more "charming" establishments for ease of use.

For mobility, I would recommend the area directly around the Cathedral or Plaza Nueva. These areas plus Avda. Constitucion have been "re-urbanized" recently, which means more pedestrian space, plus roads, plazas and walkways with flat surfaces that are easy to walk around. Another option would be in certain parts of Santa Cruz which are close to the Cathedral.

For me, the most central is around Plaza Nueva, because of the proximity to the shopping district and the river, as well as the Cathedral and Alcazar. Plus being right on the tram line which will take you close to Parque Maria Luisa and the University. Here you could look at a few hotels:

Hotel Inglaterra - while not typical Andalusian, the entire hotel has been renovated in the last 1 - 2 years. It overlooks the Plaza Nueva and has plenty of services. It is very comfortable, and rates in February should be cheap.

Hotel Marques Santa Ana - this is more modern, and just a few blocks from Plaza Nueva. Less services than Inglaterra but also should have good rates during February.

Hotel Casas de los Mercaderes (3*) - this is about two blocks from Plaza Nueva.

Some other possibilities:

Hotel Dona Maria - entrance on the plaza next to the Cathedral. Great for the major monuments.

Hotel Eme - more modern, although the several reviews about the poor service may be enough to keep you away. Otherwise also very central right next to the Cathedral.

Hotel Vincci La Rabida - closer to the river, but also only 5 minutes from Plaza Nueva.

Hotel Casas de la Juderia, Hotel Alfonso X (not XIII), Hotel Petit Palace Santa Cruz are a little further but right in the middle of Santa Cruz.

All of these are 4 stars except the one 3* indicated above. As mobility can be an issue, make use of the tram even if it has a short route. This also connects you to the Metro in Puerta de Jerez for exploring other parts of the city. There is also the mini bus C5, which winds around the city center: this covers the Plaza de Toros, Museum of Fine Arts, Shopping district, Macarena and Santa Catalina quarters (less touristy, nice churches and great tapas), Plaza Alfalfa and back to the Cathedral.

Mentioned in this post
Plaza Nueva
Plaza Nueva
551 Reviews
Seville, Spain
Hotel Alcazar
Hotel Alcazar
1,197 Reviews
Seville, Spain
Inglaterra
Inglaterra
1,020 Reviews
Seville, Spain
Hotel Dona Maria
Hotel Dona Maria
1,282 Reviews
Seville, Spain
Vincci La Rabida Hotel
Vincci La Rabida Hotel
1,801 Reviews
Seville, Spain
Petit Palace Santa Cruz
Petit Palace Santa Cruz
1,117 Reviews
Seville, Spain
Puerta de Jerez
Puerta de Jerez
129 Reviews
Seville, Spain
Bar Alfalfa
Bar Alfalfa
1,527 Reviews
Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
25 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Location to Stay in Sevilla

Betis1

Thank you so much for responding. I appreciate all of your information. I was also looking at the Tryp Macarena Hotel. Do not know if this is a good area. I will look up the hotels you recommended.

Take care,

Kathy

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Location to Stay in Sevilla

Hi Kathy - glad I could help a little. I would not book the Tryp Macarena. Nothing at all against the hotel, but this is far from the main sights and if there are poeple with limited mobility you will have to rely on taxis and buses to get you to the main sights, etc. The hotel is in an interesting area that many tourists don't visit, and there is certainly a lot of local flavor. But it sounds like a central location is what you are looking for, and this hotel doesn't really qualify.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Location to Stay in Sevilla

Hi Kathy;

I just returned from Seville and loved it! Definitely stay in Bario Santa Cruz. Very charming hotels, tiny streets and close to everything you will want to do and see. We stayed in El Rey Moro, the street was only as wide as my arms could reach. The hotel was a courtyard style with very clean modern rooms but the hotel itself was very charming with no North American hotel feel. I was dead set against any Holiday Inn feeling hotels, why go to Spain for that? The staff was very helpful. Another one that looked nice was the Hotel Murrillo (spelling might be wrong) on the same street. Hope this helps!

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
6. Re: Best Location to Stay in Sevilla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2010, 04:17