We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ronda or extra night in Seville? Rentals in Seville

Dallas
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
Ronda or extra night in Seville? Rentals in Seville

We will be in Seville for 2 - 3 nights in June with our three teenaged daughters. I was thinking it would be better to find an apartment rental versus two hotel rooms. I would like to be in a part of town where they can walk at night. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what area of town to stay and a reputable rental agency that would rent on nightly basis?

Also, we will be coming from Nerja. I would like to see the hill towns, specifically Ronda. Is it worth staying there overnight on the way to Seville, or just worth an afternoon visit with another night in Seville instead?

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ronda or extra night in Seville? Rentals in Seville

I would budget 3 nights in Sevilla. If you already have 3 nights then I'd add the night in Ronda., If spending the night in Ronda means only 2 nights in Sevilla I'd visit Ronda as a daytrip.

I've never felt unsafe walking around the center, Cathedral area, barrio Santa Cruz, Arenal area, etc...

Sorry, but I can't help you with the rental question. As a solo traveler I've always stayed in hotels.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,875 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ronda or extra night in Seville? Rentals in Seville

Definitely 3 nights in Sevilla. You can stop for a couple of hrs. and walk around the old part of town and see the gorge. Santa Cruz is the old neighborhood and is the most interesting place to stay being the old part of the city. Anywhere else is okay if you want to be away from tourists, Arenal, Macarena, Triana etc.

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ronda or extra night in Seville? Rentals in Seville

You could spend a half of day in Ronda and feel good about it. As far as where to stay in Sevilla, the Santa Cruz area is great, lots of narrow streets, fun place. We also, have alwas done the hotel or pension type place. Have fun

Dallas
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ronda or extra night in Seville? Rentals in Seville

Thanks to all. Seems like there is a consensus, so that is good! If we do stay in a hotel in Seville, any that you would recommend?

Also, I will ask ... based upon my readings of the travel guides, it sounds like Nerja is the favored town along the water. If we stay there, should I feel compelled to make a stop in Marbella and Gibraltar, as well, or would a "drive by" be sufficient? It just seems like a long day to get from Nerja to Seville with a stop in Ronda if we also stop in those other places. I will be traveling with teens.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,875 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ronda or extra night in Seville? Rentals in Seville

I would skip Marbella and Gibraltar. Are you going to Granada? It's a must see and Nerja isn't.

Dallas
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ronda or extra night in Seville? Rentals in Seville

Yes. We're spending 2 nights in Grenada. Tentative plan (as of now) is: 2 nights Grenada; 2- 3 nights Nerja (kids want some beach time); 3 nights Seville; 3 nights Madrid. Would love to see Barcelona but too far for this trip, I think. The only other thing I was struggling with was whether to make room for Morocco, which would mean taking a day away from someplace.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ronda or extra night in Seville? Rentals in Seville

I wouldn't both with visiting Morocco as a daytrip from Spain. I've had several friends do this and they did not think it was worth it - it's akin to visiting Tijuana in order to see Mexico.

Are you flying into Madrid for both legs of your trip? If not, with only 3 nights in Madrid and traveling with 3 teenagers I'd be tempted to drop Madrid and focus on Andalucia (your trip is still a little rushed). You could add a night to Seville in order to have time to visit Cordoba as a daytrip and also have more time in the Pueblos Blancos (2 nights). Or visit Malaga, Ubeda, Cadiz, etc.....

berkshire, england
Level Contributor
526 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ronda or extra night in Seville? Rentals in Seville

Your plan in post 6 seems very sensible to me. Assuming you are travelling by car, stop off in Ronda for lunch.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ronda or extra night in Seville? Rentals in Seville

Ronda is very nice, also in the evenings when all the daytrippers are gone. But I agree that 3 nights in Sevilla is also a "must"...

Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ronda or extra night in Seville? Rentals in Seville

I'm staying in an apartment in Seville with my husband later this year, we are staying with the swell-group. We stayed in their Paris apartment and loved it, they have a nack for picking great locations and keeping the apartment decor true to the area. I can't recommend it enough, they rent nightly and I think the prices are very reasonable - even though I lose more than 40% of my aussie dollar :(

www.swell-group.co.uk

Good luck :)