We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help for a 5 week stay in Seville

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary help for a 5 week stay in Seville

Hi - this is my first post here but I have been diligently reading the forums for a couple of months. I am planning a trip to Seville from late may to the first week in July 2010 (app 6 weeks). I will be based in Seville until the end of June and only have the 1st week in July to see other cities (any that would be more than a day trip from Seville). Right now my plan is to do several day trips from Seville and spend the last 3 days of my trip in Paris. I was thinking of going to another city/town for the 3 days between Seville and Paris. Maybe Venice (but I don't know if that is do-able), somewhere in Portugal, or maybe a town by the water in either Spain or France. Budget is a concern but not the only factor. Primarily I would like to find a place that would be very different from Seville or Paris. I would appreciate any suggestions you might have.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,735 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help for a 5 week stay in Seville

I can think of no place better than San Sebastian.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,771 posts
3,570 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help for a 5 week stay in Seville

Vickiv:

You may want to visit Malaga. We have good beaches, wonderful fish and other food, friendly people, and plenty of culture. If you stay in Malaga center, every place is walkable.

You can come here on the AVE. Read Buying Renfe Tickets Online in TA.

berkshire, england
Level Contributor
522 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help for a 5 week stay in Seville

There are direct flights from Seville to Palma de Mallorca, a Spanish island in the Mediterranean, with onward flights to Paris via Madrid.

La Coruna (similar flight situation) and Malaga/Marbella (a short hop by coach or train from Seville) might be Spanish alternatives.

Sevilla
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary help for a 5 week stay in Seville

Lisbon would be an interesting alternative.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary help for a 5 week stay in Seville

Thank you for these suggestions. I will have to look into San Sebastion, Lisbon, and Palma de Mallorca as I don't know anything about them. I was hoping I could see Malaga as a day trip from Seville. Is that possible or is it too far away?

6. Re: Itinerary help for a 5 week stay in Seville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2010, 06:15