We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seville-Granada-Paris or Granada first

Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Seville-Granada-Paris or Granada first

We are a family of 5 (kids age 7, 10 and 12) planning a trip to Seville, Granada and Paris. I thought we would fly into Seville for 4 nights and then stay 2 nights in Granada before going to Paris. But, does it make more sense to do Granada first? I'm not sure if we should take the train or fly to Paris. If we fly, it looks best to leave from Seville. I thought a night train from Madrid to Paris would be fun for the kids, but I'm not sure of times/cost vs flights and we are on a budget.

I'm leaning toward the train between Seville and Granada (vs bus) so the kids can get up and walk around. My understanding is that the cost and time of the trip is similar. is there any reason the bus would be better?

Thanks for any help!

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
64,610 posts
3,729 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seville-Granada-Paris or Granada first

I think that the bus to Granada will be faster than taking the train, because the train is slow. The AVE has not reached Granada yet.

Check the schedule. Read Buying Renfe Tickets Online in TA.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seville-Granada-Paris or Granada first

The bus is quicker and there are more buses leaving than trains but with kids it is nice to be able to walk around the train. You could do Granada first, then Seville, then train or fly to Paris. You could also skip Paris and go to San Sebastian, like Paris on the ocean with better food.

3. Re: Seville-Granada-Paris or Granada first

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2010, 05:20