We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Far is Ryanair Airport From Seville City Centre?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
How Far is Ryanair Airport From Seville City Centre?

Hi All,

First time traveller to Seville and just wondering how far it is from Ryanair's airport to Seville City Centre.. to be honest first time flying Ryanair too... their website says 14km I just want to be 100% sure before booking as I've heard a few horror stories with Ryanair... many thanks.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Far is Ryanair Airport From Seville City Centre?

Hi this link will take you to the Airports website, and the distance mentioned on Ryanairs site looks about right.

http://tiny.cc/seville

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Far is Ryanair Airport From Seville City Centre?

Thats perfect, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much for your help, it's very much appreciated.

Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
517 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How Far is Ryanair Airport From Seville City Centre?

DarDub

The bus for the city center goes just outside the terminal about every 30 min..Journey time about 25 min depending on traffic..If your going into city center then your best bet is to get off at Ave. El Cid. You can`t miss it.. It`s got a statue of a guy sitting on a big horse in the middle of the road!!..Am going back there this easter..Enjoy Seville..it will blow you away

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How Far is Ryanair Airport From Seville City Centre?

Many thanks for your mail Lambo,

I've heard so many good things about Seville, I'm really looking forward to visiting. Barcelona is very close to my heart but I've heard Seville is on a par if not better.

Just have to figure out where to stay now : )

Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
517 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How Far is Ryanair Airport From Seville City Centre?

DarDub

If you are going around mid summer then prices can actually get LOWER..This is because Seville gets VERY VERY hot during mid summer. Try to get accomadation in or around Barrio Santa Cruz area.This is the old heart of Seville ,with little winding old streets that no maps make sense, and are too small to allow cars .Lots of mad tapas bars just a stones throw from the wonderful gothic Cathedral and Giralda tower. Only drawback is lots of tourists. Seville is not near a big as Barcelona , but very beautiful,atmospheric and VERY Spanish

Of course not to say that Barcelona is not!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How Far is Ryanair Airport From Seville City Centre?

Thank you Lambo, and I really really appreciate the tips on accommodation as I am lost on where to stay.

From what I've read the old Jewish Quarter is beautiful. I am torn between the Hotel Petit Palace Santa Cruz (sent them an email, they seem really nice) and La Hosteria De Dona Lina from your own review, a few people have mentioned rude staff there so that would really put me off.

Thats very very true. I'm just Back from Barca last week and made the mistake of calling a lady Spanish, her reply was ' I am Catalunian' , thankfully she saw the funny side.

Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
517 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How Far is Ryanair Airport From Seville City Centre?

DarDub

I found the staff at the Hosteria de Dona Lina not to be RUDE as such`,just not that interested in the guests!!! (though the night porter was friendly and cheerful)..As reported in my review found this to be a great basic,clean spot to stow your gear and get a nights kip. I think I paid around 37-40 Euro per night for a single room..But best is,as reviewed right slap bang in the center of the Barrio

Enjoy your trip wherever you decide to stay

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How Far is Ryanair Airport From Seville City Centre?

Ha ha, very political answer I am impressed : ).

I will be there for ten days in Aug so not too sure about it yet, but location (and to be honest cost) wise I am very tempted to go there.. maybe I will mail and ask them to be a bit more polite? ha ha.

Many thanks for all your help. It is really appreciated.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,280 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How Far is Ryanair Airport From Seville City Centre?

If you are visiting Seville in August you will probably be able to find suitable accommodation fairly easitly as it is so hot. In my opinion it is not the best time to visit because of th heat.

Lots of bars/restaurants and businesses close as the owners haste to the coast.

Wherever you stay make sure it has aircon.

It really is a beautiful city, but I personally, would avoid July and August.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How Far is Ryanair Airport From Seville City Centre?

Hi There,

Many thanks for your email. I really appreciate your honesty as I have heard from a few people that it's too hot in July and August.. I have already booked the flights so I am seriously thinking of changing the dates, especially when you say a lot of businesses will be closed that time.

Again, thank you I really appreciate your help.